June 22, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays #58--Pretty in Pink


Welcome back for another CAS-ual Fridays challenge!  Did you know that June 23 is National Pink Day?  We're celebrating with a Pretty in Pink challenge this week.  Just use pink on your clean and simple design--it couldn't be easier!


Many thanks to our sponsor this week, The Ribbon Carousel, for providing a fantastic prize to this week's winner!


Although ribbons aren't required for the challenge this week, I thought it would be fun to incorporate them into my design.

I'm showcasing images from Half Pint Heroes and Half Pint Heroines again today.  Have you seen my giveaway for the Heroes set?  You still have time to enter!

I couldn't wait to make a sweet little pink car with pink ribbons trailing behind it.  I think I would prefer a thinner ribbon, but this was what I had on hand.  It would be fun with baker's twine, too.

The card was stamped and colored with Copics, with silver pen and Stickles accents.  I cut out the body of the car and popped it up with foam dots.  I tucked the ribbons under the car, then stitched the ruffles into place.

The road was stamped using PTI's Library Ledger and colored with a T4 Copic marker.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse (Half Pint Heroes, Half Pint Heroines), Papertrey Ink (Scrapbook Series:  Library Ledger)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black), Copic markers, silver pen
Accessories:  Stickles (Candy Cane, Diamond), ribbon, thread

The Girl Fridays always have amazing designs to inspire you, so be sure to visit them for some fantastic ideas using pink!  I hope you'll join us this week, too.

Thanks for your visit, as always!  Have a great Friday!

21 comments:

Maureen said...

eek!! How sweet is that pleated ribbon! Love the whimsy of this!! It's reminding me that summer is just around the corner! One more week! Woohoo!!

Lisa A. said...

How adorable is this?!! Your little girl with her hair blowing in the wind is toooo cute!! The ribbon is such wonderful creativity and the sentiment is PERFECT...SWEET:)!!

Judith said...

I love your card! What a great idea draping the ribbon like you did!!!

The Paper Parade said...

Oh my gosh, Christina, this card is oozing with cuteness! And my oh my that coloring is so intense!

Lynn said...

I love, love, love what you did for the ribbon....so cute Christina!!

Kara Lynne said...

My goodness, you are making me think I need those little heroines! Your ribbon embellishment is perfect for that girly car!

Unknown said...

So cute! Love the ribbon treatment!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

The way you used the pink ribbons is so cute! Just love this happy card! It just makes you smile!

Marybeth said...

This is so adorable Christina! Love the ribbon , such a great idea! You're a pro at coloring.

L.B. said...

such a fun fun idea with the ribbon smoke!! Great

Angie Tieman said...

Super fun card! It would be awesome if all car exhaust was fluffy and pink! :)

Darnell said...

So very clever and adorable!!

Mary-Anne V said...

adorable card...love the cute ribbon exhaust.

Melissa said...

So cute! I love the ribbon trails and the pink car! My daughter actually has a pink bug car toy that she rides in just like that! And such a great idea to use the ledger stamp for the road--I have that stamp and can't wait to try it!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fun card Christina! I love the way you used the ribbon!

xiumaiyuki said...

Oh boy, you are making me wanting that WMS set even more!! How adorable is this!?! And the ribbon for smok.... so clever!!

Deb said...

Love, love that pink ruffled ribbon!!! Such a fabulous card!

Sharron said...

Gosh, I'm behind on comments again! LOVE your fabulous card! The ribbon, her windblown hair & her snazzy pink convertible are all so adorable! Great idea for the road too!

Tracey McNeely said...

How stinkin cute is your card Christina. Your pleated ribbon is awesome and that image is so so sweet.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Oh this is too stinkin' cute! love it, and LOVE your ribbon. hugs

Jenny said...

Such a cute image Christina, love the fun flowing ribbon :0)
Jenny x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...