June 15, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays #57


It's Friday!  It's Friday!  Are you all as excited as I am?  I'm thrilled to have my hubby back home and ready for a beautiful weekend.  My daughter's last day of school is Monday, so summer is about to officially begin!

If it's Friday, that also means a new challenge at one of my favorite blogs, CAS-ual Fridays.  One of our very own team members is offering up an amazing prize this week, but you'll just have to click over there to find out the details.  *wink*

Your challenge this week is "clear as day":  use acetate or vellum on your clean and simple project.


I didn't have any acetate or clear cardstock handy so I chose to work with vellum.  I decided to make some vellum clouds for a scene with stamps from Waltzingmouse's Half Pint Heroines.

A co-worker has been going through a rough patch, and I knew this balloon and sentiment would be perfect to let her know I'm thinking of her.  I paper pieced the balloon in bright prints from Echo Park's Dots & Stripes collection.

The clouds were stamped onto vellum and cut out by hand.  Since the vellum is transparent, I was able to flip two of the clouds over to the back to use them in the reverse orientation.

To adhere the clouds, I used a tiny drop of Glossy Accents on the back of each cloud, then added a clear gem on top to hide the adhesive.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Spring Rain, White)
Patterned paper:  Echo Park (Dots & Stripes, A Boy's Life)
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Stamps (Half Pint Heroines)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black), Copic markers, black pen
Accessories:  Queen & Co. (rhinestones), vellum

Thanks so much for stopping by on your Friday!  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your creations in the CAS-ual Fridays gallery this week, as I don't often use acetate or vellum and could use some more inspiration.

Speaking of inspiration--be sure to visit the rest of the Girl Fridays to get the ideas flowing.  Those gals are the best!

Have a great start to your weekend!

21 comments:

Marybeth said...

Happy for you your hubby's back should be a good weekend. Love the vellum clouds on this sweet card. This is so adorable and the added bling if a nice touch. Have a good one Christina.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Did you see that I just bought this set too?! Love it. Fabulous job on the clouds. Hope this makes your co-worker smile.

Lynn said...

I am sure that your co-worker will be thrilled to receive this. love all your paper piecing and the gems on the clouds. Fabulous Christina!

Kara Lynne said...

Your co-worker will love this! So bright and cheery and that girl is adorable. Great idea for the clouds!

Marisa said...

This image just makes me smile :) Love the bling in the clouds. I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated.

Bethany Stellpflug said...

super cute! I love the paper piecing and the hot air balloon is so sweet! Have a wonderful day and weekend!

Maureen said...

who could resist a sweet card like this? What a sweet thing to give a coworker needing a lift? Love those new images! Ah, we have 2 more weeks then it's sunshine, sleeping and stamping!! LOL

Karen B. said...

This is really sweet and cute! I hope you are doing well, and enjoying the start of summer with your sweet kiddos.

Sharron said...

Love the paper pieced balloon and your sweet vellum clouds! This is such an adorable card! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Wida said...

love love LOVE this! the clouds, the girl, all of it!!!

Nancy Jensen said...

I LOVE your card! Your vellum clouds turned out so well! What a great idea to use gems to cover up your adhesive. Thanks for the inspiration!

Deb said...

Christina, love your vellum clouds! Fabulous job turning them around and using them in the opposite orientation! I will have to keep that in mind. I love how you hide your glossy accents with your gems. Another fabulous idea! Love your card!

Lisa Elton said...

I just love this Christina, it brings a smile to my face! SWEET card ;)

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina that image is such fun, I love your colouring.

Rema DeLeeuw said...

What a fun card! Love it....

The Paper Parade said...

Christina, I just LOVE this little balloon girl, she is too cute for words :) And the vellum clouds were the perfect choice!

Suzanne said...

Love those vellum clouds and the black outline...and the whole image looks great!

Marlena M. said...

I love this, it's adorable Christina!

Jenny said...

The vellum looks just perfect for the clouds Christina....such a sweet scene.
Hope your enjoying the start of the summer holidays :0)
Jenny x

Jinny Newlin said...

Another cutie! LOVE those vellum clouds, girl!

Nancy Guse said...

Great choice on where to put the vellum, love your clouds.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...