September 30, 2012

The 12 Kits of Christmas--September


Hi there, friends!  It's time again for another edition of The 12 Kits of Christmas.  This month's kit was provided by Kara, and she sent us this gorgeous pile of goodies:

Add caption
Kara included one of PTI's notepads and a template for the cover so that we could make holiday planners.  What a cute idea, right?

I cut the cover from Pure Poppy cardstock and used supplies from the kit, adding a bit of stamping to the patterned paper.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream, Kraft)
Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye (All is Bright)
Stamps:  My Mind's Eye (All is Bright), Papertrey Ink (Take Note, Tag-its #8, Label Basics)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate chip, Pool Party, Real Red), Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate, Fine Linen, Chamomile tea dye)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Limitless Layers circle die)
Other:  My Mind's Eye (twine)

The template includes a pocket on the inside, and I thought it would be fun to include some cards with space for my kids' Christmas wish lists.  

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream)
Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye (All is Bright)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Dear Santa), Papertrey Ink (Tag-its #8, Label Basics, Scrapbook Series:  Library Ledger)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip, Pool Party, Real Red)
Other:  Papertrey Ink (notepad, template)

My first card is my favorite.  :)  I embossed the white cardstock with chevrons and added a strip for the sentiment.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Pure Poppy), WPlus9 Design Studio (White), Stampin' Up! (Lucky Limeade)
Stamp:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Spring Post)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Wonderful Words Holiday), Lifestyle Crafts (embossing folder), Martha Stewart Crafts (holly punch)
Accessories:  button, DMC floss

I used more of the beautiful paper in the kit to make the rest of the cards.  For the first one, I just added stitched edges, a doily, and a pretty red bow.  I placed a clear dome sticker over the poinsettia in the corner, too.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Kraft)
Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye (All is Bright)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Wreath for all Seasons)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip)
Other:  Papertrey Ink (ribbon, circle dome stickers), doily, thread

I just love this layout for showcasing patterned papers.  I colored the word "merry" with a Copic marker to match the red paper and added some twine and rusty bells from a previous month's kit.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Kraft, Vintage Cream)
Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye (All is Bright)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Wonderful Words Holiday die), EK Success (border punch)
Other:  My Mind's Eye (twine), bells, thread

For my last card, I just stitched together some of the patterned paper I had left, added part of a doily, and embellished it with brads and a sentiment.

Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye (All is Bright)
Stamp:  Papertrey Ink (Signature Christmas)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip)
Tool:  circle punch
Other:  My Mind's Eye (brad), doily, thread

Keeping this fairly short so you can visit the rest of the gals:


Suzanne:  The Card Yard
Kara: KandRDesigns
Sharron: OnPapillionWings
Jeanne: AKeptLife

Thanks to Kara for a wonderful kit this month!  And thanks to you for stopping by!

24 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh, I'm blown away by your creativity. I love how you stitched those patterned papers together--sewing is something I always admire--a skill I don't have. Your planner is so cute--I have that Dear Santa set, and never could figure out what to do with it, so thanks for the idea. I think my favorite card is the one with the chevron IP--It's so 'you'.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow, everything you made is just so fabulous and beautiful. I am just amazed at all you did and can't wait to CASE them all. I love that planner and what you stamped at the top of each list. Just too clever. And all of your cards, just so stunning!

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina your planner is fabulous! Love the pocket inside. All of your cards are beautiful

Maureen Merritt said...

Oh Christina! I am so in love with your all white Holiday Wishes card. Expect to see a CASE of that one from me :)

Kara said...

A-mazing! I love them all. Each one has something very special! Love the addition of your stamping on the planner. Love the texture you added to the white cardstock. The stitching on the third with just the corner of the doily under the bow! As always your strips of pattern really creat a gorgeous design. I love how you altered the color of the Merry to fit the project. And finally all that pale blue with a pop of red on the last card...so pretty!!

Sharron said...

Oh, Christina, all of these are just gorgeous! Love how you did the planner and what a great idea to decorate the inside pocket. LOVE the Holiday card with the fabulous embossing and CAS design. And your cards with the added stitching are so wonderful. That's always such a great finishing touch!

The Paper Parade said...

Oh my gosh, Christina, you were on a roll this month! I agree with you, my favorite is the white card with the embossed chevrons, it is so beautiful and bold! I love the doily in the corner on the second one and that cool zig zag stitching. That stripe of patterned paper in the next card is definitely your signature style and I love it! Beautiful with all 3 colors and the rustic bells. And the definite wintery feel and doily in the corner again on the last. Oh and how could I forget the planner?! It is great! I love your pocket with the kids list inside!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow, these are all fabulous, love the idea of the little planner (not that I'm that organized, but...).

Maureen said...

LOVE the gorgeous vintage feel of these cards...what fabulous non traditional colours with the blue! LOVE it!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Lovely projects Christina! Your chevron holiday wishes card is my favorite this month.

Marybeth said...

Oh my gosh you made so many! All gorgeous!
Love your planner and that holiday card with the word wishes … just beautiful! I couldn't find a word to go with mine. Love the red bow card and the one with all the layers of printed paper that you stitch as always love that card. Can you tell I love them all Christina!

Aimes said...

You're well ahead of me on the Christmas crafting! Love the holiday card so much - so bold and CAS!
Hugs!
x

Cathy Weber said...

Drop dead gorgeous cards Christina...love all of them, but the one that stands out so much to me is the one with the chevron IP. I love it with the Holiday Wonderful Word...I also love how you used pieces of the white doily on several of your cards...don't know why I never thought to do that, but I sure do now! Great job with Kara's kit.

Renee said...

OMGosh!!
How did you get all of this from the kit???
It's amazing...
so I think your kit was bigger...
or maybe I misplaced some of mine...
and that's probably more the reality knowing how organized I am!:(
They are ALL incredible...
just amazing!!
But you always amaze me with your incredible creativity! :)

Vickie Z said...

These are all gorgeous...every single thing!

Lisa Elton said...

A beautiful collection of Christmas prettiness Christine, love it all!!

Amy Kolling said...

Hi Christina! I think you did a fabulous job with this kit! I mean look at all those cards!? Love that you added in those little Christmas lists in your notebook pocket. Great detail! As for using pattern paper, your layout is awesome and I'm gonna CASE it! (it will go with my go-to layout that I used on one of my cards this month. Just perfect for those papers!)

Dr. Ivy said...

Wow, these are stunning. I love the simplicity of the first card, all in white with the beautiful chevron embossing and then the bright red sentiment, so gorgeous. Love all your samples, this is such a fun idea, thanks for sharing. I hope you are all doing well.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Christina you never cease to amaze. I love what you did on ALL the projects. Just beautiful! hugs

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Christina - I don't know where to start - so much I love here - the stitching, the planner with the pocket and the little note cards, mostly how you used the PP without chopping it up - it was too pretty to bury. I think this kit was just meant for you and you did it proud!

Christiana said...

Totally awesome projects, Christina! You should be so proud!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love everything you made with the kit!

Suzanne said...

You knock it out of the park each and every month!

I am swooning over your cherub card - I love it all! The stitching, the doily in the sky...LOVE LOVE LOVE! You are so talented, Christina!

Jean Martin said...

OMGosh! How did I miss this?! These are amazing!!!! I just love when you do these segments. Makes me want to keep up with my holiday card making! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...