September 9, 2012

Cloud9 September Blog Hop


Hello out there!  September's Cloud9 Blog Hop is live, and this time Suzanne has picked a lovely photo to inspire our creations.

{photo source}
I was inspired by the soft blue sky, branches, and the bird cages, so I used WPlus9's Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions and Love Birds on an aqua background.  The purple flowers and turquoise accent on the table in the photo led me to use Rich Razzleberry for the bird and to sprinkle on some turquoise gems.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist), WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions, Love Birds, Very Vintage Greetings)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip, Rich Razzleberry, Garden Green)
Tools:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Love Bird dies), Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate)
Accessories:  Queen & Co. (rhinestones)

You can link up your design until 10 am EST on September 12.  There are two gift certificates and a Guest Designer spot up for grabs, so you don't want to miss out!

Thanks for visiting!

10 comments:

The Paper Parade said...

Christina, it is very pretty! I love that you used the leaves instead of the branches, and the way there is the one green leaf for the bird :)

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Christina...love the chocolate leaves!

Albany said...

This card is so pretty, I love the use of colour, so unusual but works really well x

Marybeth said...

This is a beautiful take on the photo. Love the deep colors and bit of bling.

anya said...

What a fabulous take on the inspiration photo, Christina! I love your bold branches and the pop of color the bird and leaves add!

Renee said...

Beautiful...
as always!
Love you saw purple...
I saw red!! :)
That's probably just me...
'cause I like your purple better! :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Christina this is beautiful and GREAT resemblance to the inspiration photo. hugs

Sharron said...

Awesome take on the inspiration photo! I love the mix of brown & green leaves and the turquoise rhinestones!

Suzanne said...

Hi Christina! This rocks! I love that you went with an aqua base and added leaves In different colors.

Bethany Stellpflug said...

wow. This. is. gorgeous. I just LOVE it! lovely colors too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...