September 28, 2012

CAS-ual Friday's #72--Toot your own horn!


Hey there, lovely people!  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  It's been an especially busy week at work, so I'm very happy to be *almost* to the weekend.  Luckily, that also means it's time for a new CAS-ual Fridays challenge!


This week we're asking you to "toot your own horn":  create a clean and simple project based on your own blog header.  How fun is that?!

We're sponsored this week by A Muse Studio, and you'll have to stop by the CAS-ual Fridays blog to check out the awesome prize up for grabs.


I think it's pretty obvious how I was inspired this week.  *grin*  I can't take credit for the design, of course, since I just copied the lovely colors and arrangement of elements that Karen Baker came up with for my new blog header.  Have I mentioned how much I love it?

The colors I used are SU's Island Indigo, Pool Party, and Peach Parfait.  Stamps are from WPlus9's Guiding Light and PTI's Faux Ribbon and Think Big Favorites #4.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Guiding Light), Papertrey Ink (Faux Ribbon, Think Big Favorites #4)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Island Indigo, Pool Party, Peach Parfait)
Tools:  WPlus9 Design Studio (starfish die), Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate), corner rounder

I always look forward to seeing the creations in the challenge gallery, but I think this week will be especially interesting.  How does your blog header inspire you?

Thanks again for your sweet comments, my friends.  I always appreciate your visits!

Have a great start to your weekend!

21 comments:

Virginia L. said...

This is so gorgeous and so perfect in every way, Christina! Love it!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card and I LOVE your new blog design, too!

Gayatri said...

Wonderful card, Christina! Perfect interpretation of your blog header. Pinned it:)

Brenda said...

Your card is wonderful. It really does reflect your blog header. It's a very clever and gorgeous card.

The Paper Parade said...

Wow, what a fun challenge! You did a great job showcasing your own in this challenge :)

Lynn said...

Lovely...and it is 100% you Christina! Love how the stripes ground the sentiment! I'm right there with you on the week being over...happy Friday!

Deborah Frings said...

A lovely interpretation of your Blog header. Love the colours!

Marlena M. said...

This is so crisp and islandy...I love it Christina!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fun to see your header in a card...

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh Christina, I so love this. What a great interpretation. Love, love love it!

Marisa said...

You aced this challenge, Christina!! Perfect fit to your banner :)

donna mikasa said...

Your card is beautiful, as is your blog header! I love the colors!

Karen B. said...

What a gorgeous representation of your header, Christina, so clean and crisp! It was pure joy to work with someone as talented as yourself and I'm glad that you are happy with your header!

Joyce said...

Happy Friday! How fun to see those wonderful beachy images in a card. Love that starfish, in particular. What a fun challenge.

Jeanne J. said...

Beautiful Christina! Love the stripes of color and the pretty sea shells!

Maureen said...

what fabulous inspiration! I can't wait to play...this is s aVERY cool challenge :) Hugs!

Sharron said...

Love your fabulous creation! It's just perfect for the challenge.

Anonymous said...

Simply perfect, Christina! I couldn't love more the clean lines and fresh colors!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous insprational card! Hard to come up with something as good.

Renee said...

Perfectly gorgeous!!
And I LOVE the new header! :)
A perfect interpretation!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh WOW! this is just so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...