February 23, 2011

Make it Monday #3


Hello, friends!  Just popping in with a quick post tonight to share a card for PTI's Make it Monday challenge.  This week Dawn McVey challenged us to use glitter strips.  I haven't had a lot of time for challenges lately with my parents visiting and my daughter home on a school break, so I kept this pretty simple.
I love playing with different combinations of PTI's Mat Stack labels and other die cuts for a focal point, and the new Doily Details dies add another fun option.  I layered a Simply Chartreuse doily over Mat Stack 4, then added a circle stamped with a frame and sentiment from Tag-its #1.  Sweet and simple, but it's such a cheerful and bright card in person.

All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless noted
Cardstock:  Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse, white
Stamps:  Tag-its #1
Ink:  Clearsnap (Moss Green)
Tools:  Mat Stack 4, Doily Details, Limitless Layers dies
Accessories:  Martha Stewart (glittering tape), Jo-Ann (clear glitter)

Thanks for visiting tonight!  Have a great one!

10 comments:

Smita said...

Gorgeous!!! I'm sure you love the Doily Details dies... they are so beautiful :)

Hugs,
Smita

Amy Kolling said...

Oh I love the colors Christina! I love your matting of the dies and this is the first die from the detail dies I chose to work with!! Love your glitter strips too!

Jean Martin said...

Gosh, Christina did you get PTI's entire February release?! I'm just turning green with envy now. Hoping March comes soon so I can get my hands on these beauties!

Karen B. said...

I love simple! This card is just amazing with your color combination and attention to little details.

Banu said...

Beautiful card. Loved the design.

Lindsay said...

Lovely card Christina! I love the HS and NL! What a fun combo and that doily die? DIVINE!

Lisa Petrella said...

Such a fresh color combo! And I LOVE that doily die and the glitter strips!! Beautiful work!

Denise said...

I {heart} this. :)

Andrea M said...

My goodness how great are these colors together?! Love the glitter strips :) That's it, you've convinced me - I must have the doily dies!

Laurie said...

WOW!!! I Love this! Andrea is right....gorgeous colors! Love those glitter strips!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...