May 8, 2010

ColourQ Challenge #31 & CPS #165


Hi there! So glad you stopped by! I have a super-fun card to share today using an awesome color combination from ColourQ. Isn't that inspiration picture adorable? I knew I had to give this one a try! I decided to use the sketch of the week at Card Positioning Systems.











I must give credit for the tied floss and buttons to the amazingly talented Maile Belles. As soon as I saw her card on the cover of Paper Crafts Go-To Sketches, I knew I had to CASE it! If you haven't picked up this magazine yet, it is a must-have with oodles of inspiration. Yes, I said oodles!

The best part about this card was how quick and easy it was to create. I just tied up the buttons, stamped and embossed a sentiment, then layered all the pieces together.

Cardstock: Bazzill (blue, turquoise), Papertrey Ink (yellow), Michael's stores (white)
Stamp: TPC Studio
Ink: Clearsnap
Embossing powder: Stampendous
other: DMC floss, buttons


I really like this card, but I never would have put these colors together on my own. I have been thoroughly enjoying the color challenges because they really stretch my creativity and are just so much FUN!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back soon with my card for the challenges at Embellish Magazine and 2 Sketches 4 You, so stay tuned!

5 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Really cool card!! I've never seen buttons used this way and I LOVE new, cool ideas! Awesome!

Lea L. said...

What a fun card! I really love the tied floss and buttons! Such a great touch! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun cord and button elements.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Mary Brown said...

Wow...what a GREAT card! I love your use of thread and buttons!

TrishG said...

This is really great. Very unique. Awesome use of the colors and inspiration photo! Really great card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...