May 16, 2010

ColourQ 32 & Card Patterns 64


Hello again! Today's card is for 2 challenges, including the color challenge at ColourQ and the sketch at Card Patterns. This was one of those few cards for me that just seemed to come together the way I had it in my head.

I didn't have any supplies that were exactly "Groovy Guava", so I chose to use a mauve colored satin ribbon and button. I really liked the way these colors complemented each other. I stamped the kraft card base with Background Basics: Tin Types by PTI in white pigment ink. I adore this background and was so excited when it arrived in the mail yesterday! You may be seeing a lot of it!

For the main image, I stamped one of the images from Life by PTI three times. Each time, I inked up the image and stamped it, then without re-inking I stamped again to the side of the first image to create a lighter image, sort of like a shadow. This adds a bit more depth to the image. The ink I used is Colorbox Lettuce, which is almost a perfect match to the Spring Moss cardstock from PTI. I stamped the first part of the sentiment in black, then drew a thin black line around the image to frame it and mounted it on Spring Moss cardstock. The focal panel is mounted on foam adhesive.

Cardstock: Bazzill (white, kraft), Papertrey Ink (Spring Moss)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Life, Background Basics: Tin Types)
Ink: Clearsnap (Black, Lettuce), Jo-Ann stores (white)
Tools: EK Success (border punch)
other: black pen (Sakura), ribbon, button, jute twine


I love this ruffled ribbon treatment, and it's so easy to do. It complements the scalloped border really well, don't you think? I finished off the sentiment below the ribbon, then swiped some white ink around the edges of the card to soften it up.

Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

8 comments:

dstandard said...

WOW beautiful card! Love the ribbon! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty---I love this sketch, too! Your button & bow treatment is wonderful!

Jenny said...

Wonderful card... love it!! So pretty! :) :) :) :) :)

{PurpleD} said...

Love this card a LOT! It goes in my "Inspiration" file!

papertrails leaver said...

such beauty! I like the way you stamped the image to get the lighter effect. It's perfect!

Sam said...

Your card is beautiful. I love that stamped image and your ribbon looks great. The scalloped edge finishes the card beautifully.

whoistracy said...

Gorgeous!!!! Love these colors, the simplicity, that button-topped bow. What a great card.

Laural-Lee said...

Fantastic! Love the black accents and frame, the pop of pink and the use of the tin types. Beautiful ribbon treatment too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...