March 21, 2010

Birthday Blast-off

Good morning! How's your weekend going? It looks like our beautiful weather is about to end, at least temporarily. But now that it's officially spring, hopefully the worst is behind us!

Today I have a cute and colorful birthday card for a little boy. This was my first attempt at using Copic markers, and I'm pretty happy with the results! (Full disclosure: it took 3 tries to get it right!) I've been reluctant to use markers because they seemed like they would be a lot of work. But I can see how, with practice, they could become very addicting. I was definitely impressed by the ease with which colors can be layered and blended.


Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Hot Off the Press, Cosmo Cricket, Fancy Pants Designs; Stamps: Sandylion, Martha Stewart Crafts; Ink: Clearsnap; Markers: Copic R24, R29, R59; Number sticker: American Crafts

That's all for today! Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Dawn said...

This is a wonderful card Christina! You should definitely send it in for the CARDS blog challenge this week (use at least 8 colors). That one is way way way outside of my comfort zone. LOL But you've pulled it off wonderfully.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...