March 30, 2010

2 Challenges--Best Wishes

Hello again! Today is miserably rainy here in the Northeast, with the threat of flooding once again. Luckily we will not be directly affected, but my heart goes out to all those people standing by helplessly, waiting for the water to subside. It certainly puts into perspective all of those things we take for granted and should be thankful for every day.

On a lighter note, I have one card for you today which combines two challenges. I used the Sweet Sunday Sketch over at The Sweetest Thing and the Curtain Call Color Challenge at Stacey's Stamping Stage. Here's the inspiration:




I must say, this was a tough one for me. I typically don't like to place large elements off-kilter, and it really bugs me when I try! But I stuck it out (it is called a challenge for a reason!) and I'm actually pretty pleased with the result.

Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Making Memories; Stamps: Hero Arts, Hampton Art; Ink: Clearsnap, Tim Holtz, Jo-Ann stores; Embossing powder: Hampton Art; Punches: Martha Stewart Crafts, Fiskars; Embossing folder: Cuttlebug; Die-cut/embossing machine: Sizzix; Lace: Wright's; Other: buttons, twine, thread

I won't deny it, I would definitely prefer to see the sentiment lined up horizontally, but that's just how my brain works! I did really enjoy this challenge because it literally forced me to look at things from a different perspective.

The color scheme, on the other hand, I absolutely loved as soon as I saw it! It seemed like it was just calling out for scallops and lace! I was a bit perplexed as to how I would stamp the image and stay within the color scheme, but then I decided to use my Tim Holtz "old paper" distress ink to stamp the branches, and the result looks very similar in color to the kraft.

I think this would make a lovely card for a wedding shower, or even a birthday.

Thanks for joining me today!

8 comments:

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous! The black just such an elegant feel to the card!

Stacey Schafer said...

so pretty, Christina! love the sponged edges and all the sweet details:) thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call!

Sue said...

sensational use of the colours Christina! thanks for playing along with us this week! :)

Marisa said...

I think I need to get that MS butterfly punch because it looks wonderful on your card and it is the only butterfly punch of her's I don't have LOL! Great Curatin Call Card. Thanks for playing.

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the lacey trim you added to it! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

♥♥♥Lea

Niki Estes said...

Pretty card! I love the inked edge on the kraft cardstock, the colors, and the lace!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Beautiful soft colours, such a darling card! hanks so much for playing with Curtain Call this week! xx

Shelley said...

Great job on BOTH challenges! LOVE all the stitching, can't get enough of stitching! Thanks for joining the Crew this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...