January 23, 2012

Moxie Fab World Map to Your Heart Challenge


Hi there, crafty people!  I'm so happy I had a chance to squeeze in a challenge last night.  This one is ending tonight over in the Moxie Fab World, so you'll have to run if you still want to enter!

The Map to Your Heart challenge asks us to incorporate a map on our project.  I didn't have any real maps laying around, but I did have some journal cards from October Afternoon's Road Map collection that fit the bill.

I took one of those journal cards and used a frame die to cut out a space at the bottom.  In the negative space, I stamped a globe and a sentiment from PTI's Masculine Motifs.  The globe was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with clear powder.

I die cut a tiny heart from another journal card with a plaid print and added some hand stitching around the edge of the map before adhering those elements with pop dots.  

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist)
Patterned paper:  October Afternoon (Road Map collection)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Masculine Motifs)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Real Red), Tsukineko (Versamark)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Fillable Frames #11 die, Heart Prints die, Linen & Canvas impression plate), corner rounder
Accessories:  Stampendous (clear embossing powder), DMC floss

Pretty simple, but I like how it turned out.

Thanks for visiting today!  I hope your week is off to a great start!

20 comments:

Lynn said...

I love this Christina. The color choices are gorgeous and the stitching adds the perfect pop!

Aimes said...

Fab take on the challenge! I adore your sweet stitching and die-cut frame!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Marisa said...

How fun :) Love the colour combo and the pops of read are perfect. Very creative card :)

Marybeth said...

Very creative card for this challenge. Great card!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fabulous!!! Love the stictching and blue base.

Joyce said...

This card is so clever. I like the colors you chose, and the stitching.

Virginia L. said...

Wow! What a beautiful entry for this Map Challenge! Love the delightful colors and stitching!! Very creative, Christina!

Lindsay said...

Seriously A-mazing Christina! LOVE the die cut out of the side of the patterned paper panel! What a fab card my friend!

Carole said...

Beautiful work Christina and thanks so much for visiting my blog. I really appreciated your comments *smile*

Tracey McNeely said...

Love all cards with maps on them, I like that you used the die to cut out and the stitching sets it all off.

Maggie Armstrong said...

Gorgeous colours. And fab photography too.

Karen B. said...

Oh how absolutely beautiful and the red/aqua combo is fantastic!

The Paper Parade said...

Wow, that's a stand out card! Unique and sure to get noticed over at Moxie Fab :)

Becky Carafa said...

Oh wow, this is really cool!

Jen W. said...

Wow, so much to love here! The funky die cut, the stitching and that sweet little heart. :) Gorgeous!

Suzanne said...

Ooooh the details - the stitching and the tiny heart...perfect!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Christina! Thanks for linking this up to the Map to Your Heart challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you "mapped" out some time to play along! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

This is just too fun! LOVE that hand stitching, and your color combo is my all-time favorite! Delish!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card Christina. Love how you cut the map paper and stamped in the gap... the stiching is awesome. :o)

Shelley said...

I can barely contain my excitement over this card...seriously! The stitching and die cut off the side. LOVE this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...