January 17, 2012

ColourQ #120 & CAS-ual Fridays #35


Hi there!  So glad you stopped by today.  It's time for a new color palette at the ColourQ blog, and this one was definitely a challenge for me!  I turned to the current challenge at CAS-ual Fridays to use scallops, and things finally started coming together.



I first stamped a scalloped border using PTI's Boy Basics:  Simple Circles in Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry, and Wisteria Wonder.  I added one more circle with a star center near the top before debossing the top half of the panel with the Linen & Canvas impression plate.

You've seen me use a star frame a few times recently, but I love it and thought it added a nice balance to the top of the card.

For the sentiment, I heat embossed the word "congrats" in white using PTI's Outline Alphabet on Bravo Burgundy cardstock, then popped the strip up with foam dots.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Bravo Burgundy, Island Indigo), Papertrey Ink (white)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Boy Basics:  Simple Circles, Outline Alphabet)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry, Wisteria Wonder), Tsukineko (Versamark)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate, star dies)
Accessories:  Filigree (white embossing powder)

 So, will you play along this week?  I can't wait to see the gallery--it gets better every week!

Thanks again for your visit!  Have a good one!

25 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a fun card Christina! I love how you incorporated the scallops!

Cristina said...

Wow. This is so bold. Love how you did your scallop, and the star was a great touch. This rocks!

Lynn said...

I love the stamped scallops Christina. So fabulous! I'm definitely not a purple girl so those colors would be hard for me too!

Marisa said...

Well done with the colour pallet. Very creative on the card too! Well done :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this card Christina, I really like your interpretation of this new colour palette.

Marybeth said...

Great card! Fresh and bold, love it!

Nancy said...

Great card Christina, love the boldness, yet elegance of the card. Very creative the way you used the border punch to incorporate the colors.

karen h said...

Love this. Great use of the colors, love the way the star die works with the star/circle stamp.

LeAnne said...

Fresh, fun & funky---great take on the challenge colors and CAS challenge as well!

Lisa Elton said...

Very fun Christina! Love the way you turned your circles into scallops!

Karen B. said...

You are so clever in your use of scallops, what a fun card!

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally awesome card Christina! I love this idea and design and of course you rocked the colors :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Nerina said...

Wheee! I love the way you incorporated all of those colours in this - and kept it soooo simple and clean! What a gorgeous card!

Robin said...

This card is fantastic!! Love the way you used the circle stamps and these colours work so well for this card!!
Robin

Jen W. said...

Your stamped scallop border is brilliant! And that big star makes my day. :)

Virginia L. said...

Wow, this is outstanding, Christina! The scalloped borders provide such an impact on the design, yet they do not overwhelm the composition! Love love that! Thanks so much for joining the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous use of the colours and those scallops are totally awesome!

Vickie Z said...

Love the bright bold colors..display!! Scallops in different colors are perfect!

Aimes said...

Genius scallops and one awesome card, Christina!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Michele Gross said...

Whoa, those are tough colors but you found a way to make them look really fun and cool! Great card :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Amy Kolling said...

These colors rock for a card like this! I LOVE LOVE the open alpha and it's going on my **must have** list when I use my GC to PTI. Awesome card Christina!!!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Congrats on the shout out from CAS-ual Friday! It really is a great card!

Andrea M said...

FABULOUS! Utterly fabulous!!! Love that scalloped border!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is such a brilliant card Christina! I love the way the word 'bleeds' off the edge of the sentiment strip and the different styles of scallop are fabulous.

Jenny said...

Those scallops are so cool and the colour combo really works as a masculine card...I would never have thought of that! No wonder you won at CASual Fridays :)
Thanks for your sweet comment on my card..I used Distress Inks as watercolours for the bkgd... I was in such a hurry out the door I forgot to write that info!!
Jenny x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...