January 31, 2012

ColourQ #122

This is my third post of the day.  Please scroll down to see my 12 Kits of Christmas post and my card for Cath!



Happy Tuesday, ColourQ fans!  Are you ready for a "love"ly color combo?  I couldn't resist inking up some sweet little hearts with this palette:


I stamped a grid of polka dotted hearts using a darling little stamp from DeNami Designs in Regal Rose on a white cardstock panel.

Next I cut a strip of black cardstock and heat embossed white hearts across it.  I stamped the heart one more time in Versarmark onto red cardstock and added a "love" sentiment, also from DeNami, then cut it out by hand and attached it with foam tape.

I finished off the card with some Maraschino baker's twine and one of PTI's Tiny Tags.

FYI:  This cutie measures just 4 1/4 inches square, if you're curious about the scale of the stamps.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Kraft, True Black, Pure Poppy, White)
Stamps:  DeNami Designs (Hearts Petit Fours stamp set, Heartfelt Greetings Petit Fours stamp set), Papertrey Ink (Tiny Tags)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Regal Rose), Inkadinkadoo (Black), Tsukineko (Versamark)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (tag die)
Accessories:  The Twinery (baker's twine), Filigree (embossing powder)

Won't you join us this week?  I can't wait to see your designs in the ColourQ gallery!

Thanks for stopping by again today!  Have a good one!

18 comments:

Renee said...

OMG!!
Christina you have been busy!
I'm working backwards...
but another gorgeous card!
Gorgeous colors...
just a fabby CAS design...
just an incredible card! :)

Joyce said...

What a sweet card. These colors are great for Valentines day. I love the little tag you created. Wow, you have been one busy gal.

Marisa said...

Too cute!! Loving all those hearts and the cute little tag.

Lindsay said...

Ohhhh, so so fun Christina! LOVE that little tag and those delightful hearts!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this, must pull out my tiny tags... and these are my colors (okay not the pink, but I'm sure I can work with it).

Lynn said...

You are a busy, busy blogger! I love this card...the black strip makes the card!

Pauline said...

This is fab! A great colour combo again, so dramatic, and Your layered hearts perfectly reflect the inspiration picture!

Jen W. said...

So so adorable! That sweet little tag is the perfect accent for those yummy dotty hearts! :)

The Paper Parade said...

Oh Christina, this sort of reminds me of a sweet quilt :) And I love that little tag added at the bottom...the perfect touch!

Marlena M. said...

LOVE the hearts and layers, Christina! ;)

Stephanie said...

Goodness Christina you're really spoiling us with all these posts in one day - what a busy bee you've been! Your creativity never fails to amaze me - I actually sighed out loud (with delight!) at your Christmas projects....I'm so thankful for your kind comments on my blog but I have to say it surprises me that you visit at all, my cards just seem so inferior compared to yours!! xxx

Virginia L. said...

Beautifully done, Christina! I love how the kraft card stock pull all these colors together!

Karen B. said...

This is such a sweet design, and those colors look wonderful together in the manner in which you've used them.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this so fun Valentine Christina. The Bakers twine with the Tiny Tag are the perfect accent.

Lisa Elton said...

This is darling Christina! Love those sweet polka dot hearts and the tiny tag! CUTE ;)

Jackie Rockwell said...

The heart pattern you created is terrific! Love the black strip with the single red heart!

Emily Keaton said...

Congrats on having this gem of a card featured over on the DeNami blog today!!
http://denami.blogspot.com/2012/02/february-denami-sightings.html

Andrea M said...

Congrats on the feature on the DeNami blog - so well deserved - this card's FABULOUS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...