January 13, 2012

For a star teacher


Hooray for Friday!  I can't wait to get my weekend started, how about you?

I have a card to share with you today that I submitted to the latest Paper Crafts call, but it wasn't picked up.  No worries, though, because I really love how this turned out and can't wait to give it to my daughter's teacher for all of her hard work!

I started with a Harvest Gold card base which I stamped repeatedly with the pencil from PTI's Happy Trails.  I colored each of the erasers with a Copic marker, then stamped the sentiment above the border.

I used PTI's star dies to make a star frame from Berry Sorbet cardstock, added a bit of turquoise baker's twine, and popped it up with foam tape, trimming the right edge flush with the card base.

For inside of the frame, I die cut another star from Harvest Gold cardstock, stamped it with ledger lines from Scrapbook Series:  Library Ledger in Versamark, and heat embossed the lines with clear powder.  The tiny sentiment was stamped by selectively inking two different sentiments from Tiny Tags.


All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless noted
Cardstock:  Harvest Gold, Berry Sorbet
Stamps:  Happy Trails, Scrapbook Series:  Library Ledger, Tiny Tags
Ink:  Black (Inkadinkadoo), Versamark (Tsukineko), Copic marker
Tools:  star dies
Accessories:  clear embossing powder (Stampendous), Caribbean baker's twine (The Twinery)

I hope you're having a fantastic Friday, even if it is the 13th!  Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Ally said...

This card is so fun. I love the pencils, and the ruled paper with the star, and the colors - all so perfect for the theme. Lovely. ;-)

Lindsay said...

What a fun card Christina! I love those pencils stamped across the card!

Marisa said...

Love the cut out star and the touch of twine! Any teacher would love this :)

Cristina said...

Is it wrong that I sort of love it when you post your PC rejects? They're always SO amazing, and this is no exception. I can't believe it didn't get picked up.

Kara said...

love this!! i am so ready for this long weekend!!

Andrea R said...

Cannot believe that rhis card was not accepted for publishing..it is great. I love it.

Karen B. said...

I hope that you got something picked up! What a wonderful card, a perfect way to brighten a teacher's day.

Maureen said...

oh, I would totally LOVE getting this beauty!! The star really "shines" on this!! Love all the 'notebook' and 'teacher' items on this :)

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! Love that fabulous star and those sweet red erasers! :)

Nancy said...

Christina another lovely card so perfect for a teacher, love the star treatment!

Tammy said...

I also don't know why this wasn't picked. As a teacher, I'd love receiving this! LOVE the repeated pencil you stamped!

Renee said...

I think this is fun and fabulous...
love those stars!
A great card for making a teacher feel like a star! :)

LeAnne said...

I sometimes wonder what is in the minds of the people who pick (or don't pick) the submissions for magazines. This is OUTSTANDING and it is their loss...so glad you shared it cuz it is stinkin' CUTE!~

Andrea M said...

Girl, this design is OUTSTANDING! I've never seen a teacher card that even compares - this is incredible! Too bad it didn't get picked up - their loss is our gain :) LOVE!

Marybeth said...

This card is AMAZING In my humble opinion it should have been picked up FAST. Love this!

Nerina said...

Love what you did here! Especially the way the pencil erasers tie in with the star die cut - it's so cleverly done ... I don't really understand the submission acceptance process??!

Lisa Petrella said...

AWESOME!!! LOVE the row of pencils at the bottom, the ruled paper lines in the center of the star, and the bright fun colors!!!

Shelley said...

Adorable. And your stamping is PERFECT! Your attention to detail is inspiring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...