January 25, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays #36


Hello there!  Just a quick post tonight before the challenge ends at CAS-ual Fridays.  What a fun theme this week--use only black and white in celebration of Penguin Awareness Day!


Have you checked out the gallery for this week's challenge?  Holy cow!  There were over 230 entries when I last visited, and there are so many amazing creations.  But hey, I finished this card so I might as well throw my hat in the ring!

I wanted to do some sort of silhouette in a negative space, so I pulled out PTI's Happy Trails and die cut the dragonfly from black cardstock.  I punched a 2 inch circle in a wide strip of black cardstock to make a window, then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder.  I balanced it out with three dots of white Enamel Accents on the other side of the frame.

The space behind the silhouette was looking a little plain, so I added a piece of white cardstock debossed with the Cane Print impression plate.

All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless noted
Cardstock:  True Black, White
Stamp:  Happy Trails
Ink:  Versamark (Tsukineko)
Tools:  Cane Print impression plate, Happy Trails die, circle punch (Marvy Uchida)
Accessories:  Enamel Accents (Ranger), white embossing powder (Filigree)

Thanks for joining me tonight!  I'll be back soon with a new CASE Study challenge!

10 comments:

Karen B. said...

Christina this is perfect. The enamel dots are a fitting finishing touch. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Joyce said...

This is beautiful. I like how you have embossed the white inside the circle.

Tracey McNeely said...

Really nice card Christina. I love the dragonfly and the embossing detail inside the circle and of course who can resist the white embossed sentiment.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love that sentiment stamped in white!

Stephanie said...

Genuinely, visiting your blog is always such a pleasure for me Christina :) x

Jen W. said...

Gorgeously clean and crisp and I love the embossed panel behind the dragonfly. :)

Lynn said...

I love the subtle embossing behind the butterfly. Dramatic and stunning!

Dana said...

I want just one ounce of your creative mind Christina. This stands out in a crowd of entries.

Lindsay said...

Wow girl, this rocks! LOVE the negative circle and that bit of texture on there! AWESOME!

The Paper Parade said...

Hahaha, who knew there was a penguin awareness day?! Awesome card in honor of it. I love that you cut the circle to highlight the dragonfly...I may have to try this concept with my new Simply Jane set ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...