October 31, 2012

Hurricane Sandy and a card


Hello friends.

I'm feeling a little somber today due to the recent devastation here on the East Coast from Hurricane Sandy.  We were very fortunate not to have lost power or sustained any damage, but my thoughts are with those across the eastern U.S. who face a long period of recovery and rebuilding.

I'm squeaking in a card on this last day of Breast Cancer Awareness month, with a sentiment that seems appropriate for current events, as well.  You may have spied this card on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog on Monday along with two other beauties from fellow Girl Fridays.

I used the simple ribbon image and a sentiment from Calm & Gentle for this card, adding a border of Echo Park striped paper, some stitching, and a single pink gem.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Patterned paper:  Echo Park (Dots & Stripes Soda Fountain)
Stamps:  CAS-ual Fridays Stamps (Calm and Gentle)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Melon Mambo)
Tool:  corner rounder
Accessories:  rhinestone, thread

Take a moment to count your blessings today, my friends.  And many thanks to you for stopping by to visit.  :)

9 comments:

Dr. Ivy said...

Very elegant card. Thoughts and prayers to all the storm victims.

Marisa said...

Fabulously done!!! Touch of stitching and bling are brilliant.

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina, I was watching the extent of the devastation on the news this morning. I am so glad you are okay where you are and we all need to count our blessings everyday! Beautiful card, love the tiny image and the patterned paper.

Lynn said...

Christina,
I'm so glad you are okay. The damage is so devestating. I'm saying a lot of prayers for those who lost their homes/businesses. So glad you are okay and your card is perfect.

Joyce said...

So glad that you are safe. This is a beautiful card--very elegant and calming.

Lea L. said...

I hear you...feeling for everyone in the devastation of Sandy. HUGS & prayers.

Your card is beautiful...I love the colors, and that one rounded corner is the perfect touch!

Euphoria Marzena Zablonska said...

Wow! Simple ang gorgeous :-)

Deb said...

Christina, I've loved this card since I first laid eyes on it!!! So beautiful! TFS!

Laurie said...

OH my! This is gorgeous! Great colors and the stitching is perfect!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...