July 26, 2011

ColourQ #95


Good morning!  The summer is just flying by, don't you think?  But another Tuesday means a new ColourQ challenge, and this one is especially yummy.  Check it out:


I don't have the new In Colors from SU yet, so I subbed Pacific Point for Island Indigo and PTI's Berry Sorbet for Calypso Coral.  I still love how these colors look together!

I used the limited edition set Iconic Images from Papertrey Ink to stamp the bottom of the main panel with aqua medallions.  I added the silhouette with Pacific Point and one of the sentiments from the set in Espresso.

For a pop of coral, I hand cut a tiny flower from cardstock, added a pearl center, and adhered it to the silhouette.  I've seen a number of people use pearls and flowers to decorate stamped silhouettes, and I think it will be fun to play with different embellishments for this stamp.

I rounded one corner of the main panel and added two more pearls, then placed it on a mat of Pacific Point cardstock.  The card base is Early Espresso with a strip of Berry Sorbet to balance the coral flower.  I popped the main panel up on foam dots to give it a little bit of of dimension.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Early Espresso, Pacific Point), Papertrey Ink (Berry Sorbet, white)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Iconic Images)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Pacific Point, Early Espresso), Clearsnap (Seaglass)
Tools:  We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper)
Accessories:  Michaels (pearls)

I do hope you'll play with us this week!  And if you don't have the new SU colors, you can still play along with what you have that's close.  We just want to see your creations!

Thanks for your visit today!  Have a happy Tuesday!

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

This is so pretty Christina! I love the stamps you used and that sentiment is just perfect!

Unknown said...

gorgeous card with your new set!! love that flower in her hair, so pretty!

Sara Mac said...

Great card Christina! I really like how you used the silhouette image. The flower in her hair is perfect.

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Karen B. said...

Ooh, this is a downright beauty of a card, it is neat to see this set in action already!

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous colors Christina! Love the cameo image and the flower in her hair is just the right touch!

Marlena M. said...

I miss seeing flowers worn...so pretty! Looks like a Hawaiian princess. ;)

The Paper Parade said...

I love the flower you put in her hair! It gives the silhouette a totally different look that I love :)

Laurie said...

Beautiful! You rocked these colors our for sure!

Holly said...

Great card. I like the rounded corner with pearls- nice effect.

Andrea M said...

This is so PRETTY!!! Love those colors! Just wish I had more time to play along :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...