May 3, 2011

ColourQ #83


Hello friends!  I know it has been quiet around here lately, but I'm back today with the latest ColourQ color challenge!  It's a bright and summery combo that has me daydreaming of warmer weather and lazy days on the beach.


As you can see, I went bold and bright for my card, as well.  I was additionally challenged by the fact that I only have Tangerine Tango ink, so I knew my stamping would be limited to that color.  I chose the beautiful leafy frond from WPlus9's Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions and a sentiment from PTI's Signature Series:  Butterfly.

I had the card finished, then thought it needed a little something else, so I rounded one corner.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, Tangerine Tango), Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream)
Stamps:  WPlus9 (Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions), Papertrey Ink (Signature Series:  Butterfly)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Tangerine Tango)
Tools:  We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper)
Accessories:  Michaels (rhinestones)

The rest of the Royal Court DT has wonderful samples to share with you today, so stop by the ColourQ blog for a peek!  I hope you'll play along with us this week!

Thanks for dropping in today!  I'll be back with another card tonight, so I hope you'll come back to check it out.  Have a good one!

10 comments:

Cristina said...

Beautiful! I'm always a fan of botanicals stamped in bright colors. Those rounded corners are such a great touch, too! I may have to play along with this one...

Kim S said...

All of these bright colors could easily be overwhelming so I love your choice of a single color image with the fun layers!

Marisa said...

Love the leaf image and well done using these bright colours :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

Okay, I oooooo'd again when I saw your card (I do that every time!). WOW!! Love the layered colors and that leaf is just gorgeous!

Lindsay said...

Oh goodness Christina! How fun is this? Those colors are put together so well on here and that leaf just pops off the page! Love the simplicity of this. Great job!

Silke Ledlow said...

Christina, what a happy and beautiful CAS card! You rocked the colors GF! Hugs ~S~

Andrea M said...

WOW girl!!! This is so completely FABULOUS!!! Love the bright, bold color palette and the layers used to introduce the colors!! WOW! Thanks for inspiring!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my gosh--I love this! Makes me crave beach sunsets and the Hang Ten shirts of my youth... :-) ADORE the single rounded corner, the turquoise bling and those LEAVES! Muy caliente!! :-)

kasia c. said...

You know it's funny what you said, because I was admiring the leafy image on yours. It took you saying something for me to also awknowledge it was in the set i used. :)

Amy Kolling said...

Love this!!! The color, that leaf frond image, the layout...it's all so fun! Every time you use this set I think I "need" it!! One of these days, some Wplus9 will come to my house!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...