November 28, 2010

Curtain Call Act 58 & Mojo Monday 166


Hello, dear readers, and happy Sunday!  It's time for another Curtain Call Color Challenge, and this week Stacey has chosen a gorgeous and sophisticated combination of neutrals with a punch of purple!  Check it out:


I also used this week's Mojo Monday sketch, though I just couldn't bring myself to use a skewed panel! It seems to mess with my equilibrium.  *heehee*

I used my Prismas to color the large flower from PTI's Delightful Dahlia, then added Glossy Accents and tiny glass beads to the center.  I'm still not so sure about that little detail, but I never know how to finish the center of this flower.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (True Black, white), Stampin' Up! (Concord Crush), Bazzill (kraft)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Delightful Dahlia, Background Basics:  Retro)
Ink:  Inkadinkadoo (Black), Versamark, Adirondack (Eggplant)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (flower, leaf dies, Diamonds impression plate)
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! (ribbon), Michaels (rhinestones, glass beads), Ranger (Glossy Accents), Prismacolor Premier pencils, OMS

To make this card:
1.  Make card base from kraft cardstock.  Cut panel from black cardstock; stamp background pattern with Versamark.  Adhere to card base.
2.  Cut panel from purple cardstock; deboss with impression plate and adhere to card.
3.  Die cut dahlia shape from white cardstock; stamp flower and color.  Add Glossy Accents to center and sprinkle with glass beads.
4.  Die cut leaves from kraft cardstock;  stamp, then attach to back of flower.  Attach to card with foam adhesive.
5.  Wrap gray ribbon around card and tie bow.  Embellish with black rhinestones.

Be sure to stop by to see what the rest of the girls have created this week!




Jean Martin at Stampin' Scrapper
Julie Lacey at Stamps & Taxes
Laurel Seabrook at Seabrook Designs
Makiko Jones at MakInk Studio
Monika Davis at M.A.D. Stamper
Piali Biswas at Touch of Creation
Silke Ledlow at My Life
Stacey Schafer at Stacey's Stamping Stage
Teresa Kline at Enjoy the VA Sunshine



and November Guest Designer, Marlene Peters at Hands On

...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge creation using Mr. Linky over at Stacey's Stamping Stage.

Thanks for dropping in!  Have a great Sunday!

18 comments:

Julie said...

This is beautiful, Christina! Love the coloring on the flower!!

Jean Martin said...

This is beautiful Christina! I love how you utilized all the colors so vibrantly! That diamonds impression plate is so elegant! What a wonderful touch! :) I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving!

Laurel said...

Wow this is so pretty!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous!

Smita said...

OMG!! Christina, this is stunning. The colors do look sooooo gorgeous!! I love the purple against the neutrals! I wish I could get myself some kraft and white CS :-(

Hugs,
Smita

Lindsay said...

This is lovely Christina!

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful coloring and great use of the colors!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!! The flower is so pretty with purple! I love it!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Christine. Love that flower and the great coloring. :o)

Laurie said...

This is gorgeous! These are hard colors for me to use together but you made it look so easy! This is fantastic!

xiumaiyuki said...

WOW!!! Totally stunning!!! That dahlia and the glass beads in the center is just breathtaking.

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous!!! I love how you used the PTI image and the colors!!! Please show us the inside too :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Nance Leedy said...

LOL, I love that you straightened out the main panel *and* the ribbon! Your colored dahlia is beautiful and I LOVE the glossy centerpiece. Great use of the colors!

Hands On said...

That flower is just gorgeous. Amazing shading job. I love what you have in the cinter. Not sure what it is but it looks really neat!

Stacey Schafer said...

holy smokes, C! this is ga-ga gorgeous!

Amy Kolling said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS! You're coloring is spot-on!

Unknown said...

SO pretty Christina! The shading on that flower is impeccable and I really love the dry embossing as well:) Have a great day!

Sue said...

you have rocked this one christina, you made the colours sing! the kraft leaves are perfect! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...