August 27, 2010

ColourQ #47 & CardPatterns 78

Hi again! This is my second post today, so be sure to scroll down for my Curtain Call submission!

This card is for the colourQ challenge and also uses the sketch at CardPatterns. This was a tough color combo for me. Love the scarf in the inspiration photo, but I can't say that I love what I created with the same colors!


I hadn't made a masculine card for a while, and I wanted to use more of the stamps in this set from Stampers Anonymous. I decided to attempt a collage of sorts, and the result is, well, eclectic. It doesn't really work for me, but sometimes that's the way it goes! It just reinforces for me why I prefer linear designs!


Cardstock: Stampin' Up! (More Mustard, Poppy Parade), Papertrey Ink (Hawaiian Shores, white)
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous (The Journey), Papertrey Ink (A Little Argyle), Hero Arts (Ledger)
Ink: Inkadinkadoo (Black), Clearsnap (Charcoal, Creamy Brown)
Tools: EK Success (circle punch), Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate)
Accessories: Tim Holtz (gears)

I will keep the commentary to a minimum, because I have some other work to finish up tonight. Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a wonderful array of colors and textures.

Sylvia said...

Christina, I love your card! I especially like all the different elements you used. Thanks for playing the CQC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...