April 12, 2010

Jacksonbelle Tuesday sketch challenge


Hi everyone! Before I get to today's card, I just want to remind you about the Earth Day challenge I posted over the weekend. If you haven't seen the post yet, you can get all the details here. I hope you'll participate!

Today I have a card based on this sketch at Jacksonbelle Embellishments.
The lighting wasn't the greatest for photos today, so the pale yellow looks more cream-colored here, but it's a very pretty combo in person. I started by scoring vertical lines on my cardstock base using the new Scoring Board from Martha Stewart Crafts. I am super excited about this, because in addition to using it to create this kind of subtle texture, I plan to use the handy envelope making guide to create my own custom envelopes. I also used this tool to score two horizontal lines across my brown scalloped strips. The butterfly stamp is also from Martha Stewart, and the sentiment is Fiskars. I used Clearsnap creamy brown chalk ink to sponge all the edges and added a few rhinestones for sparkle.

Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: unknown; Stamps: Martha Stewart Crafts, Fiskars; Ink: Papertrey Ink, Clearsnap; Border punch: Fiskars; Rhinestones: Michael's stores; Scoring board: Martha Stewart Crafts

The center panel and sentiment are adhered with dimensional squares to pop them up, and I only adhered the body of the butterfly so I could fold up the wings a bit. I am loving this stamp, and I'm sure you'll be seeing the others from this set soon, too!

I hope you have a happy week planned! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...