June 30, 2012

Card Patterns Sketch #172--The Final Sketch


Well friends, the time has come.  Sadly, the Card Patterns Sketch Challenge is closing its doors, leaving you today with one final sketch.  I hope you'll join me this week in saying a huge thank you to Michelle and Tracy for sharing 172 fabulous sketches with us, including this beauty:


I kept my card fairly simple to keep the focus on this gorgeous flower from Waltzingmouse's Roses in Bloom.  I stamped the flower and leaf twice onto papers from My Mind's Eye and cut them out, popping up a second layer of central petals on the rose.

The background pattern was created using a stamp from The Craft's Meow's Retro Foundations.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Kraft), WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye (Quite Contrary)
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse (Roses in Bloom), The Craft's Meow (Retro Foundations), Papertrey Ink (Iconic Images)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip, So Saffron)
Tools:  Spellbinders (circle die), We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper)
Accessories:  Michaels (pearls)

I am so thankful to Tracy and Michelle for inviting me to be a part of the Card Patterns challenge for the past 6 months.  Sketches are always the most difficult challenges for me, but I have thoroughly enjoyed being on this team and stretching myself creatively.  The weekly inspiration at Card Patterns will definitely be missed!

I hope you'll join us one more time and link up your creation at the Card Patterns blog!

12 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Christina - I too am sorry to see an end to Card Patterns. It was one of the first places I started playing when I started my blog - they gave me lots of confidence allowing me a chance to be a guest designer after a win. Good memories.
Your card is beautiful! I love the yellow rose (this set was just meant for you) you did it proud - just beautiful!

Marisa said...

Love your take on the sketch, Christina. The flower is fabulous and a great touch with the half pearls.

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
I don't think I have to tell you how much I love that image...
and the sentiment is perfect!! :)

Gayatri said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love that background stamp from TCM! Paper pierced flower and leaves are gorgeous. I have to play this last sketch. Thanks so much for the inspiration, Christina!

Jean Martin said...

This is so beautiful Christina. It is sad that Card Patterns is closing it's doors. It's one of my favorite sketch challenge sites. Although I haven't been able to play for some time because of my busy schedule. I will miss it a lot.

xiumaiyuki said...

Stunning!! Its sad to hear this will be the last sketch. Although I rarely participated, I always looked forward and enjoyed browsing yours and the rest of the DT's.

Aimes said...

Paper pieced to perfection, Christina! So sad to see CPS go, it's been a source of mojo boosts for me!
Hugs!
x

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Christina so pretty. Love the polka dot flower against the same tone BG .... Very pretty and I'm sorry the challenge is closing. I'm sure more adventures will come. hugs.

Ginny said...

Beautiful take on the sketch! I always admired Card Sketches challenge from the sidelines - wish I had the time to play along sometimes. Sorry to see it ending. I love your design on this card, though.

Renee said...

This is beautiful! Great sketch, great colors :)

Bethany Stellpflug said...

So pretty! I'm loving that flower-it is SO gorgeous!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh, great idea with the Retro Foundations background... might borrow that one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...