June 23, 2012

Card Patterns sketch #171 & An Announcement


Hello!  I'm back with a card using this week's Card Patterns sketch, but first I want to share some news.  It was announced today on the Card Patterns blog that the challenge will be closing at the end of June.  The Card Patterns sketches have been a source of inspiration to many of us for a long time, and it will be sad to see them go, but you will still be able to access the archives of prior sketches and design team inspiration to help jump-start your projects in the future.

I have enjoyed being a part of this wonderful team and want to thank Tracy and Michelle for all of their hard work!  I hope you'll stop by and wish them well in their future endeavors, too.

Please play along with us on our last 2 sketches, including this week's layered beauty:


This is the last day to enter my giveaway for the Half Pint Heroes set!  I've shown you cards this week using the rocket and car images, so today it's the submarine.  I love how it turned out!

I stamped the sub onto white cardstock, colored it with Copics, and cut it out.  It's popped up on the white panel, where I added three fish and a sentiment from the set.

The starfish are from WPlus9's Guiding Light--I thought they were perfect for this design.  I also stamped "waves" on the background strip using a border stamp from The Craft's Meow's Retro Foundations.  I added shading with a Copic marker to give the waves some depth.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Smokey Shadow), WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Patterned paper:  Papertrey Ink (Men of Life)
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse (Half Pint Heroes), WPlus9 Design Studio (Guiding Light), The Craft's Meow (Retro Foundations)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black), A Muse Studio (Apricot), Stampin' Up! (Pool Party), Copic markers
Tools:  Spellbinders (circle die), We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper)

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back tomorrow to announce the winner of the Half Pint Heroes set!

23 comments:

Sharron said...

Another really fun & adorable card--love this one too! Adore how you added the starfish along with those cute little fish! That looks like a fabulous background stamp set and I love how you did the waves with a touch of shading!

JJ Bolton said...

Love your take on the sketch Christina! Highlighting the wave background just adds so much! I just got the WPlus9 set with the starfish, and I'm totally going to case this:). Love everything you do with Half Pint Heroes!

Kara Lynne said...

Oh how I love this card! That little hero is so cute and using the Retro Foundations for waves was a great idea! I am very sorry to see this challenge end too.

Marisa said...

Another smiling face to make me smile. Darling touch with the starfish.

Joyce said...

Wow. This is really so cute. I love your little submarine scene.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great way to combine stamp sets.

Katie said...

Very cute card, great job.
Thanks for sharing your talents.

Michelle said...

So cute! And a great use of the sketch!

Melissa said...

So sweet! It's a great layout and I love all the little details!

Vickie Z said...

Love the colors and the sub is wonderful! Fabulous card!

Karen B. said...

The things you can do with this set is just amazing. You've brought this little guy to life! Great card!

Laurie said...

This is awesome! I love the patterns in the background! And I do love that stamp! :) Your coloring is amazing! I need to go try mine again! haha! Love it!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

So cute-you did layers so well on this card Christina. I love the big circle behind the submarine panel and those cute little fish! Have a nice day :)

Lynn said...

I love how you combined two very different sets to make a fabulous card Christina!

Banu said...

Beautiful card. Loved the coring and combination of patterned papers

L.B. said...

this card is so fun.

Maureen said...

aw, I loved this challenge too :) But kuddos for the owners who feel the need to move onto other exciting things...I'm always amazed at how many challenges there are out there!! I know I only do a handful of favourites...but Card Patterns was one of my first ones :) Found them through Dawn Mc :) One more week for me!! Yay! Then it's patio and studio time for me :)

Anonymous said...

WMS stamps are adorable! You did a great job coloring them too!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Must be the stamp of choice this week. Great colouring, Christina! What a shame about card patterns! I haven't managed the time to do many challenges but I have all the patterns printed out for my sketch idea folder. Hugs xxx

Aimes said...

Ahoy there, cutie pie card! :D
Hugs!
x

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Oh how cute is this one! I could use something like this for my grandson.
Congrats to your winner..lucky gal. hugs

*Alison* said...

this is simply adorable... I am your 300th follower :) woohoo!!! I didn't see that you had a follow by email.. I love your stuff and don't want to miss anything.. can you let me know if you add one to your sidebar :) hugs

Monika/Buzsy said...

Darling card Christina. Love the sweet images and little scene.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...