June 30, 2012

The 12 Kits of Christmas--June


It's that time again!  I just love the end of the month when I get to share my super secret creations using the Christmas kit of the month, but I get even more excited to see what the other 11 ladies in the group have created!

This month's host is Amy Kolling, and she provided us with a darling kit full of goodies from Lil' Inker Designs.

Photo courtesy of Renee
I was especially happy to see this beautiful debossed frame.  I cut out the center using a craft knife and backed it with patterned paper (love that the 12 & 25 are prominent).

I layered two of the tree die cuts, scoring the top one down the middle and folding up the sides for added dimension.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Rustic Cream, Ripe Avocado)
Patterned paper:  Simple Stories (25 Days of Christmas)
Stamp:  Lil' Inker Designs (Holly Jolly Sentiments)
Tools:  Lil' Inker Designs (Holly Jolly dies, Sentiment Flag die, Texture Plate Frame 1)
Accessories:  Hobby Lobby (ribbon), Papertrey Ink (buttons), Michaels (gems)

I kept my second card very CAS, keeping the focus on the stamped word "joy", which I embellished with a red button "o".  The candy striped borders are an addition I made to the kit, using a stamp from Practicing Creativity's Retro Christmas set.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Pure Poppy, Rustic Cream)
Stamps:  Lil' Inker Designs (Jingle Joy), Practicing Creativity (Retro Christmas)
Tools:  EK Success (border punch)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (button), DMC floss, thread

For my last card, I used one of the gorgeous pieces of patterned paper from Simple Stories and embellished it with a pretty frame from Flags and Tags.  

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Cherry Cobbler), Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream)
Patterned paper:  Simple Stories (25 Days of Christmas)
Stamps:  Lil' Inker Designs (Flags & Tags, Holly Jolly Sentiments)
Tools:  Lil' Inker Designs (Holly Jolly die set, Flags & Tags die set), EK Success (border punch)
Accessories:  Dollar Tree (ribbon), Michaels (gem), thread

I'll keep this short so you can hop along and see what the rest of the gals did with the kit!  (Just a note:  Cathy will be posting her cards a little late this month, so stay tuned!)

Suzanne:  The Card Yard
Joyce: Cards-by-the-Sea
Kara: KandRDesigns
Sharron: OnPapillionWings
Jeanne: AKeptLife

Many thanks for your visit today!  I'm currently vacationing in Acadia National Park, but I'll be back soon.  Have a great day!

17 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Christina, what a fabulous group of cards. Your first one is my favorite, I've always loved the look of mixed up numbers and you are just so clever to cut out the center of the card and that tree, just so adorable. All of your cards are amazing.

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina you made such beautiful cards with the kit. You always amaze me with your fabulous style.

Lynn said...

Drooling over the gorgeousness here. I love them all...especially the last one!

Aimes said...

Straight into my Dec Emergency Card file these beauties go! No doubt I'll be starting my Xmas cards in Dec LOL!
Hugs!
x

Karen B. said...

These are some killer cool cards!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

You're such a holiday inspiration!

Jeanne J. said...

Christina - love your first card - the red just pops off the white background. It was so clever how you layered the pine trees! I love how you used different accents for embellishments - the button on the Joy card and the little holly leaves and gems on the happy holidays!

Marisa said...

These are fabulous, Christina. Just love the 3D Christmas tree one. We truly are half way to Christmas now so well done - you have a few Christmas cards made now :)

Joyce said...

Three wonderful cards. I love them all. I think my favorite is the first one. It really looks like a picture frame, and that numbered paper is so cute.

Renee said...

OMGoodness...
I'm so CASE'ing that frame card!!
Oh...who I am kidding...
I'm CASE'ing them all!! :)
I saved my patterned papers just for this very reason!*giggle*
I bow in awe to you...
just like every other month! :)

Cathy Weber said...

Wow Christina...love all of your cards but my very favorite is the first one...love that impression plate and how you cut out the middle and put patterned paper behind it. I love that looped ribbon on the last card with the cute sentiment in front of it. Great cards, you did a great job and hope you are having a fabulous time on vacation!

The Paper Parade said...

Oh wow Christina! I love the rustic feel of all the cards you created. I love the 3D tree on the first...how awesome that is! And the framing of the numbers was a great focal point :) The joy card is so fun! I love the big red button for the "o" and the patterned papers are showcased on the last card!

Suzanne said...

I LOVE the Joy card! Oh it's just so fabulous! You always make such amazing things...sorry to be silent here in blogland lately. I've been up to my ears in projects...I hope you're having fun in Acadia!

Sharron said...

Christina, every one of these is just fantastic! Love the dimensional tree, the button as the accent element on the 'Joy' card and the mixture of patterns on the last one. Stunning job with the kit--LOVE every one of your cards!

Kara said...

I love that 3d tree!! Such a great idea! Your other cards are so beautifully clean and simple, but with wonderful little details!!

Amy Kolling said...

OMG.......LOVE LOVE the dimensional tree, the way you did the ribbon, the frame, the way you placed the buttons. Wow! CASE for sure! Then there's card #2....so simple and gorgeous all done in red with that fantastic red button center! Finally card #3....another CASE because I must get out that punch and use it! Just fabulous designs Christina....Thank you so much!

Jen Carter said...

I love how you used all of these products! The frame with the paper behind it is my favorite! Super cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...