November 9, 2013

Moxie Fab Thanks Blog Hop!


Today I'm participating in a very special (and enormous) blog hop for the one and only Cath Edvalson!  

You should have arrived here from Leigh Penner's blog, but you can find the full list of participants at the Moxie Fab World blog.

Like many of you, I was saddened when I found out that Cath would be saying goodbye to the Moxie Fab World and Paper Crafts magazine.  Cath has been such an incredible source of inspiration to those of us in the world of paper crafting, it's hard to imagine what it will be like in the blogosphere without her daily posts.  Not only did she make the Moxie Fab World the go-to source for everything trendy and beautiful, but her posts were always engaging, enlightening, and written in a friendly voice that made it feel like we were having a chat.

Cath, thank you for showing us that it really is a Moxie Fab World!  You will be missed!


My card for Cath is simple to keep the focus on the message.  I used an inset die cut "thanks" and the coordinating stamp from Simon Says Stamp, Echo Park paper, and Studio Calico wood veneer stars.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 (White)
Patterned paper:  Echo Park (A Perfect Summer)
Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp (STAMPtember Stamps Thanks)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Island Indigo)
Tools:  Simon Says Stamp (STAMPtember Thanks Craft Die), Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate)
Other:  Studio Calico (wood veneer stars)

To continue on the hop, your next stop is Heidi Van Laar.

Thanks again to Cath, and thank you for stopping by today!


47 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous card, Christina! I love how you die cut the thanks from the white card stock and placed the blue die cut into that space!

JJ Bolton said...

So cute and cheery, Christina!!! Hope you're having a great weekend!

Judy1223 said...

Hi Christina, I'm hopping around today in random order and I'm so glad I stopped here...this card for Cath is so beautiful! She is sure to adore it!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE your card!!!

~amy~ said...

This is soooo wonderful!

Lea Lawson said...

Love how you cut the sentiment, & the wood veneer stars are a perfect touch!

Jill Norwood said...

Your card and words about Cath are so lovely! She will be deeply missed!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful design, Christina! Love how you focused on the sentiment!

Lynn said...

This card for Cath is beautiful! I love the negative dies and the stripes!

Ginny said...

Beautiful card, Christina! That patterned paper is gorgeous, and I love the inset sentiment. Great job!

Darnell said...

I love this stripey card of thanks, Christina! The little veneer stars are so appropriate for the star that Cath is to all of us!! Hugs, Darnell

Cathy A said...

This is lovely!

Debbie said...

Christina, this couldn't be any sweeter! I adore how you inset the die cut 'thanks' -- so clever :)

Jingle said...

Christina, his is so cute! I love the striped background.

Veronica Z said...

This is fabulous! I love it!

Amy McCue said...

What a lovely thank you card.

Michele Gross said...

Love your card and miss you!!!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Christina, love your thanks inserted!

Kim Heggins said...

Christina...fabulous card for Cath...so sweet and I am sure she will love it!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this card!

Also, wanting to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Enjoy!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!! Happy bornday by the way!!! :)

shirley-bee said...

Love this! Love the striped background, the inlaid die cut, the little stars, all that white space - everything!!

Joyce said...

What a fabulous card--see--again, I am pinning and want to CASE you. I love your crisp white panel which works so very well with that pretty and bright paper, the inlaid die cut word, and those wooden stars.

Tracey McNeely said...

Happy Birthday again! A perfect card for Cath! This is absolutely beautiful and exactly why i LOVE your style my friend!

Lindsay said...

I just love this, Christina! Every single inch of it!

Stacey Schafer said...

love your card for Cath, Christina! happy birthday to you today, sweet girl!

Annette Allen said...

wow wee this is amazing..

Beth M said...

Oh wow, love your card!

Unknown said...

this card is GORGEOUS, Christina! Hope you are doing well, my friend :) *hugs*

Valerie said...

LOVE the stripes and die cut focal!

Alice said...

simply fabulous! love this!

Vickie Z said...

So perfect and so perfectly you!! I can see this making Cath smile!!

DBMM said...

A lovely way to pay tribute to Cath!

Jessi Fogan said...

Just awesome - love how bright & cheerful the stripes are, and the sprinkle of stars? Perfect :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!!! FABULOUS card! LOVE design - so perfect and beautiful! Hugs, Karin

Beverley said...

Perfectly CAS & such a wonderful card for a wonderful person. I just love your style. Hugs Bev x

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Christina, this is truly a beautiful card! LOVE it!So happy that you are part of this epic blog hop!

Kim S said...

I love your embedded thanks and the bitty wooden stars are a sweet touch!

Brenda said...

gorgeous! Love the die cut inlay.

Tasnim said...

Very sweet and pretty. Love the inlaid die cut!

Cath said...

Thank you so much for this super sweet card, Christina! I absolutely *love* it and I am honored that you created it for little ol' me. Thank you, also, for your kind words about me and the Moxie Fab World. I had such incredibly time there, and am *so glad* I got to know you along the way. Hugs and loves to you, my moxie fab friend! :)

{Rebecca Fellows} said...

I love that inlaid look. This is fabulous, Christina!

Michelle Lupton said...

Such a cool card!! Sorry it has taken me so long to hop here!

Ashley Newell said...

This is beautiful! I love the stripes and the stars!

Deirdre said...

FAB, FAB, FAB - love it.

maria f. said...

"for showing us that it really is a Moxie Fab World" - perfectly said. Love the stripes.

Bethany Stellpflug said...

totally wow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...