November 15, 2013

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge--CAS-ual Christmas


Ready for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge?  We have another wonderful sponsor and a beautiful image to work with for this week's theme:  CAS-ual Christmas.


We're fortunate to have one of the best stamp companies sponsoring us this week:  CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!  I was lucky enough to design with many of Michele's stamps when I was a member of the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Design Team, and I still love the graphic illustrations and beautiful fonts of these versatile sets.

The Curtain Call Crew got to choose a CFS holiday set to work with for this challenge, and I chose Christmas Carols:




Doesn't the holiday scene in the inspiration photo look cozy and relaxed?  I love the rustic touches of burlap and the unexpected use of cool blue, so I included those elements in my design.

To create the tree as the focal image, I repeatedly stamped the four-petal flowers and decorated the centers with silver pearls.  I stamped one of the sentiments in Early Espresso right on top.

I finished my clean and simple design with a stitched border and a strip of burlap ribbon for texture.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Baja Breeze), WPlus9 (Oatmeal)
Stamps:  CAS-ual Fridays Stamps (Christmas Carols)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso)
Tool:  corner rounder
Other:  Michaels (pearls), thread, burlap ribbon

Don't forget to stop by the Curtain Call Challenge blog to see the rest of the Design Team samples and link up your creation.  This week's LEAD will receive a CAS-ual Fridays stamp or die set of their choice!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a great start to your weekend!

20 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

This is brilliant, I LOVE the way you created that fantastic Christmas tree!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Such a clever design!

Cathy Weber said...

This is such a creative card Christina...I've been living under a rock and didn't know CAS-ual Friday had their own stamps...love the cute tree you made by stamping your own pattern, just one more reason you are one of my idols!

Shelley said...

Very creative...as always! I will freely admit, I wouldn't have looked twice at this stamp set, but you made me do a double take!

Marisa said...

Meep!!! LOVE this, Christina!!! Brilliant idea to create a tree.

Alanna said...

I love how you made this unusual tree. Well done.

Stacey Schafer said...

Genius, Christina! You never cease to amaze me with your fabulous stamping techniques! Way to rock the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!

Lindsey said...

Adore the tree you created! What a fantastic idea.

Michele Gross said...

Thud! That was my jaw hitting the computer. You are totally a purple chin designer! I adore, no wait...ADORE the tree you created with the flowers! Completely in love with this design :) Miss you!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE LURVE!!!

i'm with the band said...

So gorgeous and clever!!!

Aimes said...

Fabulous use of that stamp! Love the twine treatment too! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a clever idea making the tree with those images. So pretty Christina.

Marybeth said...

Christina...love this tree you made out of the flower! Cathy's comment made me laugh,I knew CAS-Hal Friday had stamps ...I just don't own any yet.
Beautifully designed tree!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love your use of the burlap string.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so well done...has a great festive feel..

Sharron said...

Love your creative tree! Fabulous twine treatment too!

Joyce said...

Such a clever way to make a Christmas tree. This card is so very pretty.

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous tree Christina...just fabulous!

Cristina said...

Super awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...