November 3, 2013

Happy Birthday Tracey!


Hello, friends!  I have an extra special post today to celebrate the birthday of a talented designer and all-around fabulous lady, Tracey McNeely!

Lots of people want to wish Tracey a happy birthday, so our friend and fellow 12 Kits of Occasions designer, Joyce, is hosting a Linky party over on her blog.  Feel free to join in with your birthday wishes for Tracey by linking up there!

I hope Tracey doesn't think my card for her is too masculine.  :)  I wanted to incorporate an autumn theme and keep the design very clean and graphic, as Tracey's own designs tend to have lots of white space and perfect stamping.

My favorite part of this card is the stitching for the leaf veins, which adds just the right amount of texture to otherwise flat images.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Baja Breeze), Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream),  A Muse Studio (woodgrain)
Stamps:  Paper Smooches (Leafy Greens), Clearly Besotted (Tag Along)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Peach Parfait, Chocolate Chip)
Other:  sequins, thread

I hope you have a wonderful birthday full of all of your favorite things, Tracey!  Enjoy your virtual party!

23 comments:

Lynn said...

Ahh...I love the touch of stitching..the blue with the autumn colors is perfect. I'm sure Tracey will love this (I do!)

Brandi said...

This card is gorgeous!

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous Christina. I love the stitching on the leaves and the colors.

Kara said...

awesome! LOVE the colors!

Judy1223 said...

Christina, this card is beautiful...and the stitching on each leaf is AMAZING! Tracey is sure to love it!

Marisa said...

Love the colour combo and the stitched leaves are fabulous!! Great card :)

Nance Leedy said...

Christina!!! I have fallen waaay behind on my commenting but I still follow you and remain consistently awed and inspired by your work. This is no exception. I love the retro feel of the colors, your perfect stamping and the added detail of the stitching is divine! You rock, my friend and I hope you are doing well. ((hugs))

Joyce said...

This is gorgeous in every way. Not too masculine for Tracey, I don't think--this card is truly gender neutral. So happy you were able to join in on all the birthday fun for Tracey.

Kim Heggins said...

Christina you card is amazing...I love those feathers and your colors are perfect for Tracey in every way. I am sure she will be so happy with your fabulous card.

Lisa Elton said...

Such a beautiful autumn birthday card Christina, LOVE your stitched leaves and Tracey will too!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina I love this card so much! It is not masculine at all but lovely autumn colours. I always love when you stitch on your cards and it looks fantastic through the leaves. Thank you so much my friend for joining the linky blog party today. You know you were one of my first blog crushes! xoxo

Darnell said...

It doesn't look too masculine to me, Christina. In fact, it looks entirely "Tracey" to me!! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

Love your stitching! Such a pretty card!

Aimes said...

No way, this card is not too masculine in the slightest! I adore those stitched leaves! :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Christina I just Love how your feathers are stitched! how cool is that!!! hugs.

Sharron said...

Definitely not too masculine and I LOVE the leaves with the stitching. Such a special card for Tracey--love it!

Renee said...

It's perfect!
Love the colors...
and the CAS feel is so Tracey! :)

Marybeth said...

Hi Christina. Sorry I missed your card. I love it! Its very Tracey-ish . I love the simple stitching you did and the beautiful fall colors.

Jill Norwood said...

This is such a lovely card! I love that touch of stitching on the leaves too!!! It adds such a lovely touch of texture! A beautiful birthday card and I definitely don't think it is masculine - it has universal appeal my dear! :)

Jeanne J. said...

This is GORGEOUS Christina!! I love the clean lines and look of your card. I think you captured fall beautifully and the stitching just took my breath away!

Shelley said...

I agree the stitching is just the perfect touch to a beautiful card! Very smart!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

LOVE this too!!!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

so lovely! I love the sequins and the stitching!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...