November 1, 2013

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge--Welcome Home


Wow, how did it get to be November?!  The weeks are just flying by, and it's already time for a new challenge at the Curtain Call.  Check out our lovely inspiration photo:


Our sponsor for this challenge is Paper Issues, and they are offering a $20 gift certificate to the LEAD for the Welcome Home challenge.  Thank you, Paper Issues!

I was drawn to the soft blue, weathered wooden door in the background and the placement of the wreath off the edge of the photo.

To create this card, I first stamped the woodgrain pattern with white ink onto blue cardstock.  I ran my finger over the ink while it was still wet to soften it and remove any excess ink.

I don't have a wreath stamp large enough for the design I had in mind, so I created one using the single pine bough stamp from WPlus9's Merry & Bright.  I traced a circle in pencil where I wanted the wreath to go, then stamped the pine sprig repeatedly along that line.

The pine cone stamp is also from Merry & Bright.  The berries, sentiment, and ribbon are from WPlus9's Silver Bells.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 (Lake House, White)
Stamps:  WPlus9 (Merry & Bright, Silver Bells, Woodgrain Silhouettes)
Ink:  WPlus9 (White), Stampin' Up! (Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Raspberry Ripple)
Tools:  WPlus9 (Silver Bells companion dies), corner rounder
Other:  Zig (Wink of Stella glitter brush)

I'm sorry if the colors seem a little washed out in my photos.  My computer is one that was issued by the college where I work, and it was recently upgraded to a newer version.  Unfortunately, the screen resolution is not as good and I will have to get used to editing my photos on it.

There's more inspiration from the talented Curtain Call Crew to help you get started!  I look forward to seeing all of the beautiful entries in the gallery this week.

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you have a wonderful start to your weekend.

15 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the off centre wreath and the bow on it is perfect along with the wood grain in the BG :)

Stacey Schafer said...

the offset wreath is genius, Christina!

Joyce said...

This is just beautiful.

Jingle said...

This is super pretty!

Lindsey said...

Perfect in every way! The wreath you created looks fabulous.

Jill Norwood said...

Oh my I LOVE your beautiful card! The color combo is a favorite and the offset wreath is an eye-catching focal!

Lynn said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love this wreath and the gorgeous pine cones and berries.

Marybeth said...

Love the offset wreath on this woodgrain ! Beautiful design.

Tenia Nelson said...

So LURVE THIS!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina I don't think a wrath stamp could ever be as gorgeous as what you have created here. Off to load my WPlus9 cart with that set!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Christina. Beautiful wreath and awesome background.

Kim Heggins said...

Simply lovely....the colors, the design, everything about it is beautiful.

Jeanne J. said...

Oh I love this - the blue woodgrain and the perfectly stamped wreath are wonderful Christina!

Shelley said...

Really pretty, Christina! Great color combos! I don't think the colors looked washed out...but you know what it looks like IRL.

Bethany Stellpflug said...

LOVE the blue woodgrain!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...