March 27, 2012

ColourQ #130


Welcome back!  It's time for a new ColourQ challenge!  How about a spring-inspired color palette to brighten your day?


I kept my card super simple using a set I'd yet to ink up, PTI's Flower Fusion #9.  I lined up the flowers in a row, stamping one in Melon Mambo and the rest in Daffodil Delight.  The centers were stamped off once onto scrap paper to yield a lighter color.

I promised you'd see more of the sentiments from A Muse Studio's Hand Scripted.  The "you" is a separate stamp from the words "are special", but it was incredibly easy to line them up.

I added a Hawaiian Shores mat with a pinked edge at the top and a dotted satin bow.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Hawaiian Shores, White)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Flower Fusion #9), A Muse Studio (Hand Scripted)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery), Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Tools:  Fiskars (pinking shears)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (ribbon)

Don't forget that you can visit the rest of the ColourQ DT anytime by clicking the links to their blogs over on my sidebar.  They are one talented group!

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!  Have a fantastic day!

22 comments:

JJ Bolton said...

Such a fun and fresh card:) Love that beautiful bow! And that bright pink flower just draws your eye right to the sentiment. So pretty! Hope you have a great day!

LeAnne said...

Love this! Your creations are always so fresh & fun!

Marybeth said...

Very pretty Christina ! These are going to be fun colors. Nice to use stamps that have never been used. Love your card!

Jinny Newlin said...

It's just been too long, since I've visited you Christina! I'm so sorry! I LOVE your card! It's so bright and happy and playful and absolutely perfect for sptingtime!

Maureen said...

what a cheery Spring card! I love the sentiment stamped over the flowers...gorgeous!

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the colours - love the card!!

Chunyuan said...

great use of those colors. Love that AMuse sentiment.

Lisa Elton said...

How fresh and cheerful Christina! Lovely spring card ;)

xiumaiyuki said...

This card makes me smile!

Karen B. said...

Really lovely, so bright and pretty.

Vickie Z said...

CAS but, not simple!!! Love how you combined all these colors!!! Flowers and bow are perfect!!!

Lynn said...

Love, love, love those cheery flowers Christina!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Christina - I love your pretty flowers and how the pink one stands out. That along with your pretty bow make this one really shine! Beautiful card!

Suzanne Russell said...

This card is really special! I love Flower Fusion and the beautiful way you have used it here

Nance Leedy said...

Oh Christina, I can't keep up with all your lovely creations! This one is so seet and happy! Love everything about it--especially the way you overstamped the sentiment. A great touch! Hope you are well...(((hugs)))

Barb King said...

that's a bright and cheery card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this card Christina. I haven't inked up this stamp set either. The sentiment is lovely.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Christina. Love the colors on the flowers and the lovely ribbon!

PatQ's Cards said...

This card is perfect CAS--love how you made the one flower a different color. Very classy.

Darnell said...

Spectacular!

Ginny said...

SO SO pretty! I love this bright and cheery card!

Bonnie said...

I really love your row of bright Spring flowers! They were my inspiration. Thanks for the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...