March 13, 2012

ColourQ #128 & Retro Sketches #2


Hello!  Sorry this post is up late today--I was having some technical difficulties getting my photo uploaded, but all is fixed now.

We're all about the green this week at the ColourQ!  Combining shades of green is always a challenge for me, especially when there are three!  But I got a little help from a sketch on Arielle's new challenge blog, Retro Sketches.  

I know it's hard to tell that all three greens are included, but they are, promise!  This pretty little dandelion stamp is from Annabelle Stamps' Garden Silhouettes.  I stamped it in Wild Wasabi, then added a few dots of Certainly Celery.

The sentiment, tag die, and Sunshine impression plate are from PTI.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Basic Gray, Garden Green), Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream)
Stamps:  Annabelle Stamps (Garden Silhouettes), Papertrey Ink (Dot Spot, Signature Greetings)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery, Basic Gray)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (tag die, impression plate)
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! (ribbon)

Sorry to keep this short, but I have to get back to work!  Thanks for stopping by today, my friends!

19 comments:

Luv2talk said...

Always love your stuff! This is such a pretty card. Everything is layered so nicely. :)

Jackie Rockwell said...

Using a tag for the horizontal shape in the sketch is a great idea! I'm loving that stamped image, it's so delicate. Thanks for playing in this week's Retrosketches Christina!

Ginny said...

What a great job you have done, Christina. Yes, I think combining these colors is going to be a real challenge, but I love what you have done here. I like how nice and soft the greens are on the ivory tag, allowing the sentiment to take center stage, while not being too harsh in any way at all. You have such a good eye for these things!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my, you have worked wonders with these colors. The gray ribbon is lucious. The green embossed panel is wonderful in your design. I love it!

Sharron said...

Lovely card--wonderful use of the gray and green! Great dandelion image and the embossing on the tag and green panel adds just the right amount of texture.

Joyce said...

Brilliant to use a tag on your sketch. I love how you have combined all those greens.

Marisa said...

Great use of the tag die and impression plate, not to mention this week's colours :)

Lynn said...

What's work when we need to blog? :) I love this...such an awesome take on the challenge. I love it!

Suzanne said...

I love the color scheme and how you put this all together so perfectly. LOVE that flower image and that tag die, too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a great card, that is a stamp set that I have overlooked but I just love how you used it on your tag. Fantastic!

Dr. Ivy said...

I love the color combo. Simply stunning. I gave your blog a shout out from mine. Love the inspiration you give.

Banu said...

Beautiful card. I liked how we both used the same combination of challenges. Really neat.

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Christina! I never think to use grey but I love what you've created!
Andrea

xiumaiyuki said...

Beautiful use of that color combo! This will be a challenge for me. :)

Virginia L. said...

You aced this color Challenge! I love the textured background and layering! You never cease to amaze me, Christina!

kasia c. said...

Christina, you totally rocked those greens, I'm jealous. I love green but find it so hard to craft with. :)

I love those "flowers" on the tag. Just awesome, as usual!!

Aimes said...

Those colours make me swoon but your card makes me pick my jaw off the keyboard! LOL!
I love your use of a tag on this design and as always, your stamping rocks!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Silke Ledlow said...

Christina, you do CAS so fabulously! Hugs ~S~

Arielle H Gordon said...

Christina, your card is so beautiful! Sorry it's taken me this long to come back and comment - I only had time to peek at everyone's cards before! Thanks so much for playing with us at RetroSketches and I hope you will join us again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...