March 6, 2012

ColourQ #127


Hi there, friends!  You all rocked the palette at the ColourQ last week--what a fantastic gallery!  Be sure to check it out if you haven't already.

Are you ready for a new color challenge?  Take a look at this week's inspiration:


I was happy to have earned enough reward points from Papertrey Ink to qualify for this year's anniversary set, Pretty Peonies.  Love the florals, frames, and butterfly in this set and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to ink them up.

I started by stamping the large open flower across the card front in Calypso Coral, then added the solid leaves in Certainly Celery.  My only complaint about the two-step stamping of this image is that it was hard to space the flowers just the way I wanted them, but otherwise I think they're really lovely.

I used a Spellbinders oval die to deboss a frame directly on the card base.  The decorative frame and butterfly were both stamped and cut out by hand and layered with foam dots.  

To ground the design, I added a strip of Blushing Bride cardstock debossed with a diamond pattern and a scalloped strip of Dark Chocolate cardstock.



The Royal Court Design Team really knocked my socks off this week with their creations, so you'll want to visit the blog to take a peek!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I truly appreciate the time it takes for you to visit and leave a comment!  

Hope you have a fabulous day!

21 comments:

Jean Martin said...

Beautiful card Christina! I just got this set in the mail and I have yet to ink it up! Isn't it just like Christmas whenever your PTI mail comes in? :)

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of this week's colours, Christina! Great card!

Aimes said...

Oh I need to get my inky mitts on that anniversary set, don't I?! :)
I love your debossed frame!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Sara Mac said...

WOW, this is such a gorgeous card! Love the balance of color. Everything is perfectly stamped. I hope to order this stamp sometime soon.

Maureen said...

this is just full of colourful delight! You are rockin' the new anniversary set :) I seem to be in a colourQ slump...hopefully I can pull up my socks and make something amazing! :) Hugs!

Christine Blain said...

WOW! Christina, this card is fabulous. I love every little detail - it just jumped out at me on my Google reader this morning. Gorgeous!

Marybeth said...

Christina this is so pretty, love the way you used the anniversary set!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a beautiful card Christina. The images are so pretty. That butterfly is lovely. Perfect lay-out!

Unknown said...

Wow..this is beautiful.

Karen B. said...

Each and every card you make has to be my new favorite! Wow, this is just lovely!

Lynn said...

You rocked the anniversary set Christina! I love how you added texture to this card.

The Paper Parade said...

Those colors work perfectly for this card! I love that you also did the frame impression behind the butterfly, and that brown scallop is the perfect touch.

xiumaiyuki said...

Wow. Simply breathtaking!! I love how you coordinated everything onto this card.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous.Love your stamping and attention to detail

Unknown said...

SO gorgeous, Christina!! I love the texture and the dry embossing behind the die cut! Hope you are having a great week! **hugs** :)

Nerina said...

I love the way you've used the floral/butterfly images for this colour palette - it's soft and sophisticated at the same time. Also the mix of solid and outline images makes my heart go pitter patter - what a beautiful card!

Marlena M. said...

Lovely creation, Christina! The layers really pop.

kasia c. said...

GORGEOUS!! That butterfly is a stunning focal point. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Really beautiful Christina, you used that set so well!

Lisa Elton said...

This is stunning Christina, very elegant! Love the flowers and pretty butterfly.

JJ Bolton said...

So beautiful! Love the double stamped butterfly and the embossing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...