March 20, 2012

ColourQ #129


Welcome back, friends!  It's ColourQ time again!  Yippee!

Check out this week's cool color palette:


I love these colors together, but I struggled in getting it to come together.  The turquoise was really giving me fits!  Hopefully you'll have an easier time of it.

Since receiving PTI's Anniversary set, Pretty Peonies, I've been wanting to play with the big "happy" sentiment that's included.  I stamped it in Wisteria Wonder, then masked the letter "a" and stamped the rectangular frame behind it in Rich Razzleberry.

The small "birthday" sentiment and butterflies are also included in this set.  I stamped one of the butterflies directly in the bottom corner and cut another one out to place on top of the frame.

I added the punched turquoise dots next to the sentiment, then decided they looked out of place with no other turquoise accents.  So I punched scalloped borders to place at the top and bottom of the white panel.  I'm not totally happy with the balance of colors, but I do like the layout.

I gave the white panel some texture using the Linen & Canvas impression plate before popping it up on a Pool Party card base.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise), Papertrey Ink (White)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Pretty Peonies)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Rich Razzleberry)
Tools:  EK Success (border punch), Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate), corner rounder, hole punch

Okay folks, it's your turn!  Stop by the ColourQ blog to check out the rest of the DT samples and link up your creation.

Thanks for visiting today!

10 comments:

Cristina said...

That is some sweeeeet masking!

Marybeth said...

Very pretty card! Even though you said you struggled with it, it looks like it was all worth it. End results …
Beautiful!

Aimes said...

Loving your use of that frame stamp and your fabby masking! You wouldn't know that the gorgeous turquoise was giving you fits!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Jeanne J. said...

I think you done good girl!! The turquoise looks great - I like how the top and bottom are both off set just a bit - makes it more interesting. Your butterflies are beautiful and I love how you masked the frame/sentiment.

The Paper Parade said...

You always know the perfect way to put these colors together!! Loving the deep purple frame and the way you stamped happy right in it. And those scallops are pretty neat, too :)

Karen B. said...

Your masking is superb and really makes this card go from great to fantastic!

Lynn said...

I love your masking...it is gorgeous!

Jen W. said...

That "happy" sentiment is pretty awesome, love how you masked it and I think you balanced everything perfectly!

Yapha said...

Great card! Fabulous masking! Love how you used the colors!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

You are working that anniversary set.... go girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...