May 28, 2012

Card sets for teachers 2012


Hey there, friends!  Happy Memorial Day to those of you in the U.S.--I hope you enjoyed a relaxing day and found some time to remember those who have served or are serving in the military, especially those who have made the ultimate sacrifice to keep us safe.

I promised to share the card sets I made for my son's teachers this year, and chances are I'll be making a third set for my daughter's teacher in a few weeks.  They're super easy and came together in no time, though the folders I put them in took a little longer.  The folders are a slightly larger version of the one in my tutorial HERE, larger because I included 8 cards in each.


I chose 4 images from PTI's Year of Flowers Collection and stamped them in 4 of Stampin' Up!'s 2011 In Colors:  Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade, and Pool Party.  I added a strip of coordinating cardstock to each card front for balance and stamped one of 2 sentiments from PTI's Happy Trails in black.

Card supplies
Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (White), Stampin' Up! (Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Year of Flowers Collection, Happy Trails)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black), Stampin' Up! (Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade)

Here's the inside of the folder, with pockets that have been debossed with PTI's diamond impression plate.  I wrapped each one with some of this pretty ruffled ribbon from SU!

Folder supplies
Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist, White)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Year of Flowers Collection, Happy Trails)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black), Stampin' Up! (Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas, Diamond impression plates), Martha Stewart (Scoring Board), We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper)
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! (ruffled ribbon)

My little guy and I went to pick out some flowers and a candle, then nestled everything into a basket.  I made tags that read "Thanks for helping me grow" using PTI's Simple Alphabet and Outline Alphabet.  I masked the letters before stamping the morning glory image, then colored the letters with a Copic marker.

Tag supplies (All Papertrey Ink unless noted)
Cardstock:  White
Stamps:  Year of Flowers Collection, Simple Alphabet, Outline Alphabet, Happy Trails
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Calypso Coral (Stampin' Up!)
Tool:  Tag die
Accessories:  Aqua Mist ribbon, DMC floss

If you're looking for a last-minute teacher gift, this is a really versatile card design that would work with lots of images, not just florals.  If you're pressed for time, just bundle them up with some pretty ribbon or baker's twine rather than packaging them in a folder.

35 comments:

karen h said...

These cards are wonderful. I love the cas design.

Veronica Z said...

Christina, your cards are beautiful!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Christina, these are just gorgeous!! You will make them VERY happy teachers :)

Lisa Elton said...

I am completely smitten with this adorable gift you've put together for you son's teacher! My DIL is a 1st grade teacher and I know she would adore this sweet gift. FABULOUS Christina!!

June K said...

Very lovely set, Christina.

Shelley said...

Very pretty! The teachers are going to enjoy such a thoughtful gift.

kingstonmama said...

What a beautiful set of cards. It's a lovely CAS design. I love that strip of cardstock. The teachers will love them. Ann Y.

Marisa said...

Greta card set! Love the way you used different colours for the images as the "colouring". What a treat they will be to receive and love the basket ans flower too :)

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card set, Christina! Love the colours and the simplicity of it. The teachers are going to love it:) I love the tag as well.

Cassandra said...

So simple and elegant Christina, what teacher wouldn't love this gift. You have given me an idea for end of year gifts, we will have a few this year as my daughter moves to middle school next year.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

So beautiful! The teachers will love it!

Lynn said...

So, so beautiful! The teachers will LOVE these!

Jenny said...

I love the summer fresh colours Christina, such a pretty and practical gift :0)
Jenny x

Maureen Merritt said...

What a fabulous end of the year gift; simple, beautiful and thoughtful!

M-J said...

Wow, these are great presents! Kids in the UK don't give their teachers presents like this (at least not at the schools I know of!). My sister and sister in law are teachers and they get the occasional box of chocolates at Christmas but that's about it. They would love to receive something as thoughtful as this. What a great set.

Nance Leedy said...

Absolutely stunning, my friend! Gorgeous use of the colors and I love the "grow" theme of the basket. Just lovely!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Wow. I just love how simple these cards andd card holders are, but still so beautiful. TFS!

Cristina said...

This could not be cuter. And you masked the outline letters? Wha'??? I love everything about this, and I'm sure the teachers did, too.

xiumaiyuki said...

I'm going to have to CASE this down to every single element!! So gorgeous. What lucky teachers!!

Sue McRae said...

What a beautiful gift to give a teacher!

Chunyuan said...

love the card set the basket for the teacher.

JJ Bolton said...

So thoughtful and beautiful! I'm sure his teacher will appreciate it:)

Joyce said...

This is such a wonderful idea for teacher's gifts. The cards are darling, and the packaging just pulls it all together. I am always looking for ideas for those Year of Flowers--this is one I am going to 'borrow'!

Linda Beeson said...

These are wonderful, I am in love with the simplicity.

Aimes said...

Man that's some serious masking!!! The whole set is fabulous and makes me wish I taught your kids LOL!
Hugs!
x

Bethany Stellpflug said...

Very nice! I love the tag of the basket!

Kara said...

great set..so beautifully packaged!

Cassie_lu said...

what a great gift set

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Christine this is so cute!!! Love the colors and all the white space of the cards is just gorgeous. hugs.

Ann said...

These are amazing! I'd love to be your child's teacher! :D

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

You should've posted this last week, as my son's last day of school is in 3 hours... LOVE THIS!

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina this is absolutely fantastic! As a teacher I think that would have to be one of the best presents ever. You are so creative.

Karen B. said...

Wow, Christina, this is just amazing! Love everything about this post.

Jill Norwood said...

Oh my! I just love these cards and the folder and the basket with the Picasso Petunia in it! What a truly wonderful teacher's gift.

Rhonda said...

I have this set and couldn't figure out what to do with it! Thanks for the much needed inspiration. Gonna try it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...