May 12, 2012

Card Patterns sketch #165


Hi friends!  I meant to post this sooner, but we spent the day in Maine enjoying the gorgeous weather and taking my MIL to lunch for Mother's Day.  Tomorrow we'll be hard at work in the garden, my favorite Mother's Day activity.  :)  I hope you're having a great weekend, too!

This week's Card Patterns sketch is so pretty and versatile, it will definitely be going in a file for future use.


I've had an idea in my mind for a while to do an all-white wedding card with clear embossing, so I finally tackled it.  I love how it turned out, and the effect is even prettier in person.

I first stamped the word "love" from Waltzingmouse's Say it Loud and heat embossed it in silver.  Then I stamped the flower and leaves from PTI's Delightful Dahlia and heat embossed them with clear powder (I embossed the flower first, then masked it before stamping the leaves).

Behind the main panel I stitched two white cardstock panels, the top one debossed with music score and the bottom one debossed with a diamond pattern.

To embellish, I added a ruffled satin ribbon and bow across the top, a tiny tag stamped with the sentiment "wedding wishes", and some silver pearls.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (White)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Delightful Dahlia, Tiny Tags II), Waltzingmouse (Say it Loud)
Ink:  Versamark, Clearsnap (Antique Pewter)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (sheet music & diamonds impression plates, tag die), We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper)
Accessories:  A.C. Moore (ribbon), Michaels (silver pearls), Jo-Ann (silver embossing powder), Stampendous (clear embossing powder), thread

Please stop by to see what the rest of the Card Patterns designers cooked up this week!  We can't wait to see your take on the sketch.

Thanks for your visit!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

21 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card, I love the simplicity and the embossing.

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous, Christina! Love all the white on white layers. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Marisa said...

You know I love white on white cards and the embossed leaves behind the Love is such a great touch! Lovely touch with the tag - will the ever be in stock when I want to order LOL!

June K said...

Such a stunning card. I love the all white (well, with the touch of silver).

Karen B. said...

Gorgeous! I think your take and techniques used is so befitting for the situation, and so classic too!

kasia c. said...

Oh My!! Christina, all that white is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love all of the white elements. :)

Aimes said...

I'm a complete sucker for white on white so this is stunning to me! :)
Love the clear embossing!
Hugs!
x

Lynn said...

Oh my...love the white on white...you met your own challenge. So gorgeous Christina!

Maureen said...

oh, this is yummy and so elegant! LOVE the subtle look of embossing :)

Vickie Z said...

Don't think I could have accomplished this-it's fabulous!! All the details make it perfect-embossing, pleated ribbon etc.!

olenka said...

very nice!

Sharron said...

This is gorgeous, Christina! I love the white on white and clear embossing! The silver pearls & silver embossing add the perfect elegant touch!

xiumaiyuki said...

My jaw is literally on the floor this very moment. Wow. Just wow. Stunning!!

Marybeth said...

Christina, Wow! Stunning! Such an elegant card , love the silver embossing. Glad you had a nice time in Maine.

Anonymous said...

Pure elegance! the two toned embossing is perfect with those silver pearls!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

This is SO gorgeous! I LOVE the silver gems :)

Jenny said...

Gorgeous white on white! Perfect for a wedding card and love the pleated ribbon too :0)
Jenny x

Virginia L. said...

SWOON! Love the tone on tone and layering!! PERFECTION!

Shelley said...

Hmmmmm....I think I must try this white on white technique! Very chic!

Mona Pendleton said...

Stunning card Christina! Simply beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

Paperesse said...

The embossed sentiment adds just the perfect touch. What a beautiful, elegant design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...