December 27, 2011

ColourQ #117


Hello!  It's ColourQ Tuesday!  Hooray!

Arielle is taking it easy on us this week, as many of us are likely still in Christmas hangover mode.  *heehee*  This week's color palette is black, white, and your choice of any one color.  Fun!


I'm still recovering from hosting my husband's family for Christmas, and now I'm trying to get everything ready for our trip to Indiana to see my family.  So things will continue to be a little quiet around here for the next week or so.

I kept my design fairly simple, using red as my third color to make a Valentine's Day card.  The white cardstock is stamped with music score at the bottom and debossed with the sheet music impression plate at the top.  I die cut 2 heart-shaped windows at the top and placed red cardstock behind them.

The black border was cut with PTI's Photo Finishers die, then stamped and heat embossed with a sentiment from WPlus9's Spring Post.  The largest heart was die cut and wrapped with Maraschino baker's twine.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (True Black, Pure Poppy, white)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Background Basics:  Sheet Music), WPlus9 Design Studio (Spring Post)
Ink:  Inkadinkadoo (Black), Versamark
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Heart Prints, Photo Finishers dies, Sheet Music impression plate), corner rounder
Accessories:  Filigree (embossing powder), The Twinery (Maraschino twine)

I hope you'll find time to play along this week!  I'm looking forward to seeing the rainbow of colors in the gallery.  And one of my New Year's resolutions is to do a better job at making comments on the blogs I visit, so I'll be sure to stop by and leave you some love when you post your creation!

Thanks for your visit, friends!  Have a great day!

22 comments:

Ro said...

I LOVE black, red and white together. Gorgeous card!

martina's kaartjes said...

this is one lovely card !
greetings, martina
x

Joyce said...

This is a wonderful Valentine card. I really like how you used music in two ways, and the red with black and white is so striking.

Lynn said...

Christina, This is so pretty! And reminds me I need to move onto the next holiday :)

Safe travels to Indiana! Let me know if you pass through Cincy! I'd love to catch up with you again!

Susie W. said...

Your card is sooooo pretty. Love the sheet music stamp, the hearts...well, everything!

Marisa said...

Love this :) Happy travels to your parent's place.

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous card, Christina! I love the twine around the heart...perfect detail! Have a great trip to Indiana!

The Paper Parade said...

Christina, you always have the perfect balance in your cards! I love it :) Have fun in Indiana!

Julie said...

This is beautiful Christina! Love the bakers twine around the heart, so sweet!

Lindsay said...

LOVE this card Christina! The red just pops! Have a safe trip out to Indiana my friend!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful and classic! I hope you were able to enjoy your holidays and that everything is well!

xiumaiyuki said...

Oh I'm so excited to see you got a head start on Vday's cards.... This one is a beauty!! So crisp and graphic.

Deb said...

Simply beautiful! I love the red and the BB: music sheet.

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous card, Christina! Safe travels~ ;)

Nance Leedy said...

Clean and elegant! Love the pop of red and that is the sweetest little baker's twine bow EVER! Safe travels, my friend!

Sara Mac said...

Love this card Christina!! Perfect layout. Happy & safe traveling.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty Christina. Love the pretty hearts with the music background. The embossed greeting looks great!

Nerina said...

Oh fabulous Christina! I love the way these colours get the message across right from the get-go and the music in the mix is just perfection! I hope you had a *great* Christmas and that 2012 is a totally *fantastic* year for you!

Nancy said...

Christina this card is, as usual, gorgeous! I love the clean & simple lines, the colors and your use of the debossed "notes" on the top of the card to coordinate with the stamping on the bottom, very clever. The hearts are just perfect & the touch of twine just sets it off.
Thanks too for your holiday greetings, i will of course treasure my card, it's adorable and was a wonderful little surprise, thank you.

Elsea Designs said...

Happy New Year.
Another fabby card. I love your style, you are an inspiration.
Lorry :o) xx

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous card! Love the music.

Andrea M said...

LOVE THIS! Perfect pops of color!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...