December 30, 2010

Marshmallow treats


Hi there!  I'm back, as promised, with a sweet treat to share!  We are currently visiting my family in Indiana, but I have a few projects to share while I'm away from home.  Today I thought I'd show you a cute and easy treat I made with my kids to take to a Christmas Eve party.  

I don't remember where I saw the idea for the marshmallows, but they are incredibly easy and fun to make.  First you stick a jumbo marshmallow onto the end of a paper lollipop stick.  I got my sticks at Michaels.  Dip the top of the marshmallow into melted chocolate, then into a small bowl of crushed mints (candy canes would work well, too).  Place the marshmallow onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper to cool.  Once all of the marshmallows are coated, you can pop the whole cookie sheet into the fridge to harden the chocolate faster.


Patterned paper:  American Crafts (Jolly collection)
Cardstock:  Bazzill (Sea Salt)
Tools:  EK Success (border punch)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist satin ribbon), Michaels (clear paint can), Wilton (lollipop sticks, treat bags with ties)
Other:  Wilton (Dark Cocoa Candy Melts), marshmallows, peppermint candies

I bought clear plastic treat bags with silver twist ties to individually wrap each marshmallow.  Then I popped them into a medium-sized plastic paint can that I had decorated with some patterned paper, a punched border, and ribbon.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I'll have a simple set of cards to share tomorrow!  Until then, have a great day!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh wow these look DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing!

xiumaiyuki said...

It's 11 am here and you have me drooling....! they look yummy!!! :o)

Nance Leedy said...

What an adorable bouquet! I'll bet you had a great time making them with your children. TFS! Enjoy your family visit. Happy new year!

Smita said...

Lovely!! These look yummy...

I've been MIA for a long time as usual :-( Wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!

Hugs,
Smita

Shelley said...

Yum, yum! Not only a treat for the tummy but the eyes, too! What a nice (and easy) gift!

Queenie Jeannie said...

How fun are these??? I'll definitely have to remember this for next Christmas!!!

Amy Kolling said...

Yum yum! These would be great to bring for my kiddos Valentines parties!! So simple!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...