December 19, 2010

Curtain Call Act 61


Hello, folks!  Are you ready for a new color challenge?  I thought so!  This week's Curtain Call Color Challenge is up, and it's a rich combo that would be perfect for a last minute holiday card but would also work beautifully for many other occasions.  I don't need any more Christmas cards myself, so I decided to look forward to Valentine's Day and make a sophisticated, love-themed card.  Here are the colors we're working with this week:


I used WPlus9's Poinsettia Patterns to stamp the background in Bravo Burgundy.  I just received PTI's Mat Stack #1 Collection, so I had to break it in!  I stamped one of the labels onto kraft cardstock and added an Early Espresso mat.  I die cut a Vintage Cream circle and stamped another image and a sentiment from Poinsettia Patterns.

At first I wasn't happy with the symmetry of this design, and I experimented with a few different embellishments in the bottom corner, but nothing worked with the stamped background so I opted to leave it as is.



The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:

Jean Martin at Stampin' Scrapper
Julie Lacey at Stamps & Taxes
Laurel Seabrook at Seabrook Designs
Makiko Jones at MakInk Studio
Monika Davis at M.A.D. Stamper
Piali Biswas at Touch of Creation
Silke Ledlow at My Life



and December Guest Designer, Maureen Plut at Buttons & Bling.

...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge creation using Mr. Linky back at Stacey's Stamping Stage.

Thanks for visiting, friends!  Have a great one!

14 comments:

Laurel said...

Very pretty!

Julie said...

Gorgeous Christina! Love the background stamping and stitching!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Christina. Love the background stamping... and the greeting... great use of the colors. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Imke said...

Great colors and layout. Love the stiching and of course the Mat Stack Stamp and Die. Beautiful !!

Danielle Daws said...

Oooh, I love this! So elegant and rich!

Jean Martin said...

Oh wow Christina! This is so elegant! I love the background stamping you did! And you have the mat stack stamps already! Haha! That was fast! :)

Maureen said...

oh my, burgundy on kraft is the yummiest :) Love all the stamping :)

Marisa said...

Yummy colour combo and a great use of it!

xiumaiyuki said...

These colors are so elegant together. I am diggin' the look of burgundy on Kraft...they mesh perfectly! I love how you did that background...and the stitching!!!

Vickie Z said...

Love the die cut tag/stamp on kraft!! Looks wonderful!!

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love how you stamped the background...perfect take on the colors GF! Happy holidays...hugs ~S~

TrishG said...

Very pretty. Love the layout. Great job with the colors.

Sue said...

Beautiful! it is nice to see a non christmas card again! you have made these colours look easy to use! :)

Amy Kolling said...

This is one beautiful card! I love those colors and this layout....and I think your card is perfect without the added embellies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...