October 6, 2010

Embellish Magazine Background Stamping & FTL 110


Hi there, friends!  How's your Wednesday going?  We are having the most miserably rainy day here, but that has meant some extra snuggling with my little guy, so I guess it's not all bad.  :)

Today's card is for the color challenge at Embellish Magazine, which also calls for background stamping.  I used Fall-to-Layout #110 from clean&simple for the sketch.




 This was incredibly difficult to photograph given the terrible weather and lighting (or lack of it!).  I used PTI's Guide Lines Two to stamp the background pattern in black, gray, and So Saffron, then brushed the whole thing with Gold Perfect Pearls.  I just can't stop using this stuff!  Hopefully you can see a bit of the shine that it gives to the background in the detail photo below.  IRL the yellow is a bit more vibrant, as well.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Smokey Shadow, white), Stampin' Up! (So Saffron)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Guide Lines Two), Verve (Dream Big)
Ink:  Clearsnap (Antique Pewter, Black), Stampin' Up! (So Saffron)
Tools:  EK Success (tag punch)
Accessories:  Michaels (rhinestones), Ranger (Perfect Pearls Gold), thread

The sentiment is from Verve's Dream Big set, and I must say that I am thrilled to finally have some Verve stamps as I see them everywhere and love the fonts and images.  You'll be seeing more of them here soon!

Thanks for stopping by to brighten up my corner of the world today!  Many thanks for all of your lovely comments here on the blog.  Enjoy the rest of your day, whatever the weather!

12 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Very pretty background design! Thanks for joining the Embellish background stamping color challenge.

Marisa said...

Love the BG you created! Great use of the sketch and well done on the challenge :)

Jean Martin said...

Beautiful Christina! Stop that! You're enabling again!!! Haha! :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very pretty! love the simple and clean look!

Nance Leedy said...

Simply gorgeous Christina! Love the gold perfect pearls--such a beautiful lustre!

Dana said...

The gold is such a lovely addition Christina, it really shines. We are having lots of rain too and I haven't been able to use natural lighting for my cards for weeks now! Too gloomy.

Renée said...

LOVE that background! Gorgeous card!

Amy Kolling said...

Christina, this is gorgeous! I love Guidelines stamps and the shine you added is fantastic! I don't think I've ever used my Perfect Pearls! LOL

Nerina said...

Love the way you've got the grid to shine - what a great technique! It really adds something special to this set!

Charlene Austin said...

Fabulous card!! Great background and you made such a simple sketch so interesting.

Laurie said...

Ok this is just stunning! I love the yellow base! It makes the focal point POP! You are so talented girl!

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous!! I love how you used the colors on the background! Wonderful card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...