April 28, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge and Sweet Sunday Sketch


Hi there! I have a card to share today that is very uncharacteristic of me, but I had a lot of fun making it! I was inspired by the current color challenge at Stacey's Stamping Stage and the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.


While these colors are absolutely lovely together, this would not be my usual palette as I am not particularly girly. But I've been wanting to do a ruffled ribbon look for a while, and the Sweet Sunday Sketch was the perfect opportunity.

I started by stitching three ribbons on one side of my Sweet Blush cardstock, folding them as I stitched. For the focal point, I wanted to recreate a fun ribbon flower I saw in the current issue of Creating Keepsakes, made by the amazingly talented Jennifer McGuire. I looped three small pieces of ribbon to make the blossom, then stitched them together with a button. The flower stem is just a piece of green ribbon that I twisted and adhered with glue dots. Then I just added a little ribbon "leaf" and a sentiment from PTI's Mega Mixed Messages.

Card base and ribbon: Michael's stores; Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Sweet Blush, Raspberry Fizz), Michael's stores (white); Stamp: Papertrey Ink; Ink: Autumn Leaves; tools: Spellbinders (dies), Sizzix (die cut machine); other: DMC floss

Very girly, yes, but I love it anyway! This one will definitely need to be hand delivered due to all the textural elements and the pop dots under the focal panel. What do you think? I appreciate all of your comments so much, please keep them coming!

I hope you have a crafty day! Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Oh this is absolutely darling! Thanks for joining us this week at the Curtain Call!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I love your pleated ribbon! And I loveee how you made your flower! So clever and unique! :)

Charlene Austin said...

OMGosh! This is so adorable. Seriously it makes me happy to look at this card. Just look at that twisted stem!!! Brilliant! The flower just plain rocks!

Sam said...

This is so pretty and so creative! I cannot believe how you have used all that ribbon so beautifully.

Stacey Schafer said...

guess what? I LOVE girlie and this is sooooo fab, Christina...you clever girl! Just when I thought I'd seen it all...you blew me away with this one:) thanks for sharing this fab card with us at the Curtain Call!

Rochelle said...

Cute! Love ALL the ribbon and sewing!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

OMG this is a STUNNER!! Thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call this week! xxx

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE what you have done with this week's colours!! Fabulous ribbon flower and side panels and a great use of Karen's sketch too. Great card!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...