January 18, 2013

CFC86--Long and Short


TGIF!  I think I say this every week, but I'm so happy the weekend is finally here.  :)  And to start it off on the right foot, how about a new challenge at CAS-ual Fridays to spark your creativity?


This week's theme is Long and Short--create a clean and simple card with one long side and one short side, such as 3 x 6 or 4 x 8.

I saw this as the perfect opportunity to ink up one of the vine images in CAS-ual Fridays Stamps newly released set, Casual Elegance.  I stamped it twice to cover the length of my card.  After shading the leaves with Copics, I cut around each one with a craft knife so I could pop them up.  I love the dimension this adds to the image as well as the peek at the color under each leaf.

I chose a sentiment from another new CFS set, Loving Thoughts, to stamp along the top edge of the strip.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Berry Sorbet, Vintage Cream)
Stamps:  CAS-ual Fridays Stamps (Casual Elegance, Loving Thoughts)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Island Indigo), Copic markers
Other:  Queen & Co. (rhinestone)

The Girl Fridays have rocked the challenge, as always, so hop over to the CAS-ual Fridays blog for your weekly dose of inspiration!

I appreciate your visit today!  Have a great weekend, friends!

13 comments:

Kelly Griglione said...

Loooove this technique, Christina! What a great effect it has on your card, especially with the vibrant red peeking through!

Lynn said...

Oh how beautiful. I love how you cut this out with a craft knife...amazing!

Jingle said...

I love how you colored this! Awesome card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow, this is first off beautiful and second I can't believe you cut all those leaves with a craft knife. i would surely amputate a leaf if I did that. Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend!

Joyce said...

Christina, this is just so CAS and beautiful. I love how you colored those leaves, and jut the tiniest bit of cutting to give them some dimension. I always get so much inspiration from your cards. I could sit and CASE you all day.

Marisa said...

Love the colour combo and well done on the cutting out!! Lovely card.

Susan Clare said...

What a great idea with the craft knife!

Marybeth said...

What a classy card Christina! Gorgeous!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful colors, and so clever with the cutting!

Alicia E said...

That is just gorgeous how you cut around each of those leaves - they seem to pop right off the card. Thanks for the inspiration.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Christina. Love the long shape and the way you cut part of the leaves.

Tasnim said...

oh wow what a beautiful card! I love the look of the leaves popping out! It looks so cool! Must try it :)

xiumaiyuki said...

That cut out technique is gorgeous on this card. It gives it just the right amount of pop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...