July 8, 2011

Mojo Monday #198 & PDCC #89


Happy Friday, friends!  We're off to see the new Cars movie this afternoon, my son's first trip to the theater!  What do you have planned for the weekend?

Before I go, I wanted to pop in and share a card I made with the Mojo Monday sketch using the colors at The Play Date Cafe.  These were just the colors I needed for what I had in mind.






Patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Everafter collection and the Neutrals DSP collection from Stampin' Up!.  I stamped flowers and leaves from Verve's Bloom and Grow set and cut them out by hand (although there are dies available, I don't have them yet).  I added a few brown pearls to the flower centers and popped them up on foam dots.

The sentiment is from the same set, stamped on a die cut Nesties Label 18 that is sponged with tea dye.  For the horizontal banners in the sketch, I die cut one banner from Vintage Cream cardstock and stamped it with text.  For the other strip, I die cut a Victorian Lace border from Certainly Celery cardstock.

I couldn't decide what to do with the vertical strip in the sketch, and nothing I tried there was working.  I finally decided to bend the rules a bit and add a pearl flourish, and I like how it turned out.  My only concern is that the design might be a little top-heavy, so I may go back and add a pearl flourish in the bottom right corner.  What do you think?

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream), Stampin' Up! (Certainly Celery)
Patterned paper:  Cosmo Cricket (Everafter:  Something Old), Stampin' Up! (Neutrals DSP)
Stamps:  Verve (Bloom and Grow), Papertrey Ink (Background Basics:  Text Style)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (So Saffron, Certainly Celery), Clearsnap (Parchment), Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate, Chamomile tea dye)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (banner die, Victorian Lace border die), Spellbinders (Labels 18 die)
Accessories:  Michaels (pearls), thread

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some thoughts!  Hope you have a great day!

30 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great use of the PDC colors... love the stitching in this card. Cars is fun, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. And I've been playing with the ink your impression plates quite a bit in the last month, so scroll back through my blog for some more ideas... I love the faux letterpress look.

Jessica Wekenman said...

I think it's absolutely gorgeous, Christina! I think it's just perfect! I love the softness of it!

Lindsay said...

LOVE LOVE what you did with the colors! Those flowers are perfect as well as your LO. You always have perfect execution!!

Anonymous said...

Love your card!
Visiting from Mojo Monday Blog.
New follower!

Vickie Z said...

Wow... Love how you used this sketch, Christina!!! I'm still mulling it over!!!

Tracey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card Christina!!! WOW !! SO many gorgeous details to adore in the PDCC colours :) Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

xiumaiyuki said...

I think it's absolutely beautiful! so many things to love on this card... The blooms, the pearl flourish, the soft and pretty colors!!!

Cars 2 is adorable. Have a great weekend!

Lynn said...

Oh my... This is stunning. I love the flourish.

Patrice said...

Pearly perfection...Visiting from Play Date Cafe!

Cassandra said...

Really gorgeous card Christina. You have those patterned paper combinations worked out really well. Enjoy the movie.

Karen B. said...

Your card is beautiful!

The other day I was driving through town and did a double take because there parked outside the local theater was Tow Mater. I swear! A real one! Someone had done up their old truck and they had the teeth and the hook in the back and everything! SO cool to see, I wish my boys could have!

Congrats on another CAS-ual Fridays win too, it is so awesome to see you play in a challenge that is so dear to my heart. You are so wonderfully talented.

Elise said...

THIS is plumb gorgeous, darlin'! I'm in LOVE with your layers of fabulousness - from one fussy cutter to another - THIS MAKES ME HAPPY! xo!

Michele Gross said...

Wow! Pure loveliness! LOVE the pearls, good call "bending the rules " hehe Hope you had fun at Cars and glad to have you play with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jean Martin said...

OMGosh Christina you are on a roll!!!! This is soooo beautiful!!!! Now I'm wishing I was home so that I could break out my stamps!!!!! Gorgeous card girlie! :)

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow Christina! This is a real stunner. I love everything about it!

Debbie Carriere said...

Christina, this is breath taking!!! Love the soft colors and your embellishing is perfect. Gorgeous!!!! Thais for playing Mojo Monday!

Marisa said...

LOVE how you used the mojo sketch! Great card!!

Smita said...

Wow!! Love this card and perfect colors for PDCC... I had a hard time with that... Loving your stamp set too :)

Hugs,
Smita

Amy Kolling said...

Christina!!! This is blow me away FABULOUS!!! I can NOT believe you cut this all out by hand....you need to win just for that fact! Seriously......Beautiful job girly!

Laurie said...

I love these soft colors! That stiching is fantastic!!

Andrea M said...

Girl, is there anything you cannot do?! And do BRILLIANTLY?!!! WOW! This is drop-dead GORGEOUS!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Christina, I love it! This is an awesome way to use our colors this week. THanks for playing with us at The Play DAte cAfe!

Erum Tasneem said...

Brilliant! Its so elegant and gorgeous!

Cristina said...

It's official. You are one of the BEST designers. My mom and I gush about you all the time. I'm just in awe about how much range you have. Everything you do looks amazing!

Jen Carter said...

Wow!! This is beautiful!! I love everything about it!! The colors are lovely and the layers are wonderful too. I love the stitching and the bling! GORGEOUS!!

Ruby said...

Stunning card! I just love everything about it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Melisa Hunter said...

Such a pretty card. I really like how you've arranged the flowers and the leaves.

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely gorgeous and packed to the brim with perfect, little, scrumptious details! I'm in LOVE! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats on your PDC shout out.

Nerina said...

B.E.A.U.T.Y!! Just perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...