July 6, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays #9


Hey there, friends!  I'm happy to have had a chance to play along at CAS-ual Fridays again this week.  The challenge is to create a masculine card using kraft paper.  Not too difficult for me, since kraft is my go-to color for masculine cards!


I had to take my pictures early this morning, before hubby left for the day with the camera, so they're looking a bit yellow.  The center panel is Rustic Cream cardstock die cut with a Labels 3 nestie and stamped with a coordinating frame from Waltzingmouse.  I like the nautical look of the rope.

I stamped the heron and piling from WPlus9's Guiding Light, a favorite go-to set for the ocean loving men in my family.  The sentiment is from PTI's Botanical Silhouettes anniversary set.  

The kraft panel is partially debossed with woodgrain, leaving a strip for stamping a nautical border from PTI's Men of Life.  Two Terracotta Tile buttons tied with jute twine add just the right amount of color.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Kraft, Rustic Cream), Stampin' Up! (Early Espresso)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Guiding Light), Papertrey Ink (Botanical Silhouettes, Men of Life), Waltzingmouse (Very Vintage Labels No. 3)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Early Espresso), Papertrey Ink (Chamomile Tea Dye)
Tools:  Spellbinders (Labels 3 die), Papertrey Ink (Woodgrain impression plate), Martha Stewart (Scoring Board)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (buttons, twine)

This card will be fun to pop in the mail for my hubby while I'm away on my road trip starting at the end of next week.

Thanks for dropping in today!  I hope you're having a great week!

26 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a fabulous man card Christina! I love the nautical feel and your fantastic stamping!

Lynn said...

Christina, this is stunning. I love the nautical chain. Every last detail is perfect. Where are you headed on your trip? Anywhere fun?!

Paulina said...

Love this card, Christina! Such a great one for any guy!

Dana said...

*sigh* this is a winner in my book for sure. Just stunning Christina.
Your use of three different stamp sets is amazing, and they look like they belong together. I really like the embossing and the tiny strip where you stamped on the BG. What a perfect entry into this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

Kryssi said...

Uhm wow, this is beautiful!! Love the embossing! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

xiumaiyuki said...

Simply. stunning. I love how you paired Kraft with Rustic Cream... a perfect match! Agee with ^^^... a winner right here!

Suzanne said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

I LOVE THAT BIRD!!!! I am dying over here!!!!

The whole thing is awesome. Wicked awesome!

Karen B. said...

Sigh. This card makes me want to stare at it. Forever. Just stare. Oh, and Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays too!

Diane Jaquay said...

I really LOVE this, the rope frame is perfect with the bird and log, and I love the neutral colors you've used!

Emily Leiphart said...

I love this card, Christina! I now need to buy the Wplus9 and WMS sets you showcased here! ;)

Unknown said...

So nice card! :)

Jean Martin said...

OMGoodness girlie! I'm in love with this! You rocked this one! :)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

OH EM GEE!! This is complete and utter perfection! I adore how you embossed the woodgrain and left the strip for the border image - I need to figure out how to do this! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

kasia c. said...

Christina, this is fabulous! I love the center panel and that nautical border behind it. :)

Marion said...

I rally love your card Christina. You make masculine cards look so easy to make!

The Paper Parade said...

Stunning!! I love the way you tied the button, and chose that pop of color. I really like that stamp set, too. I've never heard of that company, now I'm going to have to check them out. As usual, amazing work, Christina :)

Anonymous said...

FAB-U-LOUS! Love it! Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michele Gross said...

Really fabulous! Love the texture and the simple addition of the buttons makes the whole thing pop! Glad to have you play along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Amy Kolling said...

You know what I like best on this card? That panel you left un impressed so that you could add that nautical border. Oh and those buttons you added to the corner. This is just a winner in my book! Perfect man card!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE LOVE this! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lisa Petrella said...

AMAZING design, Christina!! Every detail is just absolutely PERFECT!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats!

The Paper Parade said...

Congrats on winning for this card! It definitely deserved it :)

Brenda said...

Congrats on your win! I can see why, it's a really stunning card! Love how you split up the embossing in the background in order to stamp that pattern. Beautiful card!

Marisa said...

This is great!! Love the wood grain in the BG. Fabulous masculine card.

Andrea M said...

Oh. My. Goodness. This is man-tastic!!! Christina, this is CAS perfection!!! WOW! Pinning!!! CONGRATS!!! Another well deserved win, my friend! This is AMAZING!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...