May 31, 2011

ColourQ #87


Hello, friends!  How was your weekend?  Ours was busy but fun, and we managed to finish putting lattice around our deck.  It looks fantastic!

Somehow it's already Tuesday again, which means another ColourQ challenge!  Check out the cutie that inspired this week's colors:


I don't have Crushed Curry, so I used the closest thing I had.  The inspiration for my card came from THIS gorgeous card that Andrea posted during the last PTI blog hop.  I can't get over her amazing coloring!  I love the way she stamped the flowers inside punched circles, so I borrowed that idea for my card.

The blooms are from PTI's Year of Flowers Collection, stamped in Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, and  Martha Stewart's Curry ink.  I originally planned  to leave them uncolored, but there wasn't enough contrast with the white background so I simply filled them in with Copic markers.

The white cardstock is stamped with PTI's Background Basics:  Tin Types and wrapped with pink ribbon.  I matted the panel with Soft Suede cardstock and popped it up on foam adhesive onto a Melon Mambo card base.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Melon Mambo, Soft Suede), Papertrey Ink (white)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Year of Flowers Collection, Background Basics:  Tin Types)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo), Fiskars (Brown), Martha Stewart (Curry)
Tools:  EK Success (circle punch)
Accessories:  Michaels (ribbon)

Be sure to hop over to the ColourQ blog today to check out the rest of the DT samples, then link up your creation!

Thanks for stopping by today!  I have a busy week ahead, but I hope to be back with another card soon.  Have a great day!

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sooo pretty Christina! Love those flowers! Great use of the colors!

Jean Martin said...

Christina!!! This is sooo beautiful!!! Now I'm really going to have to get that flower stamp set. I actually have tin types on my list too but I never got around to buying it yet.

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of this week's colours! Love the layout and the cross hatch on the top half of the card. Maybe that was a carry over from your lattice work around the deck LOL! Have a fabulous week :)

Andrea M said...

Oh girl!!! This looks incredible!!! I love how you used the challenge colors for the flowers - so BEAUTIFUL! I adore the layout and background stamping too!!! GORGEOUS!!!
thanks so much for the shout out :)

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous use of the Q colors Christina! Love the flowers off-set in the circles; what a great layout! I'm always amazed at your gorgeous background stamping. Beautiful as always! ((hugs))

Karen B. said...

This is so beautiful. I really like the extra touch of stamping the flowers in the same color tone of what you've used to color them in-hope that makes sense!

Anonymous said...

Super card! :) Went to see the card you CASEd and was blown away! Awesome! Great take on your challenge!
Enjoy your summer!

Jen Carter said...

So pretty! I really like how you filled in the flowers and of course the fab Tin Types background too!

Laurie said...

Oh my goodness! This is beautiful! Love the coloring of the flowers! I have sure missed your blog! So glad to visit today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...