Good morning, friends! I know it has been a little quiet here on the blog lately, but I've been giving my mojo a little break. I was starting to feel a little stressed about meeting deadlines and entering challenges, so I decided to take a few days off. But I felt inspired yesterday to break open some brand new stamps from Stampin' Up!, a lovely botanical set called Nature Walk. I have to thank my friend Nance at Canopy Crafts for inspiring me to order this set with her beautiful creations over the last few weeks. The illustrations are gorgeous!
I opted to use this week's colors at CR84FN. This is a definite favorite of mine!
I guess I was going for a clean but somewhat vintage look on this card. The images definitely lend themselves to a shabby, vintage style, but I usually fail miserably when I try to create a vintage card! So I took some inspiration from my friend Jean at Stampin' Scrapper, who creates some incredibly gorgeous vintage cards. She uses a lot of beautiful glittered frames and seam binding, so I knew I wanted to incorporate those onto my card.
You can scroll to the end of this post to see step by step instructions for this card, something I've neglected to add to my posts recently. I will just point out that the frame was die cut with PTI's Mat Stack 1 and Fillable Frames #10, then covered with Paper Glaze and glitter. The background is stamped with Background Basics: Sheet Music, and the stems, "no. 147", and bird image are from Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Hawaiian Shores, Pure Poppy, Rustic Cream)
Patterned paper: 7 Gypsies
Stamps: Stampin' Up! (Nature Walk), Papertrey Ink (Background Basics: Sheet Music)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate, Hawaiian Shores), Clearsnap (Frost White)
Tools: Papertrey Ink (Mat Stack 1, Fillable Frames #10, Victorian Lace border dies), We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper)
Accessories: Martha Stewart (seam binding), Recollections (flowers), Jo-Ann (clear glitter), Aleene's (Paper Glaze)
I was happy to find this chocolate seam binding on clearance at Michaels. I wrinkled it a little before adding it to my card, layering it over a Victorian Lace die cut border. I added two paper roses to fill the empty space left between the bow and frame.
To make this card:
1. Make 4 1/2 inch card base from Hawaiian Shores cardstock. Round bottom corners. Stamp with music score background and ink edges.
2. Cut a 2 inch strip of patterned paper, round bottom corners, and adhere to bottom of card.
3. Die cut Victorian Lace border and adhere. Wrap seam binding around card front and tie a double bow.
4. Die cut a frame from Pure Poppy cardstock. Cover with Paper Glaze and glitter and allow to dry.
5. Stamp floral image on Rustic Cream cardstock and cut to fit inside frame. Sponge edges with Hawaiian Shores ink. Adhere to frame, then attach to card base with foam adhesive.
5. Stamp bird image and color with inks and aqua brush. Cut out and attach to card with foam adhesive. Adhere paper rose between bow and frame.
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you are all staying warm and safe in the terrible weather we've been having in many parts of the world. Have a great Thursday!