February 4, 2011

The Color Dare #95


Hello, and happy Friday!  I must say I am looking forward to the weekend, although we are supposed to get more snow tomorrow.  My daughter's school has already been canceled for Monday and Tuesday so they can clear snow off of the roofs, for fear of them collapsing under the weight.  So my crafty time over the next 4 days may be of the more kid-friendly variety, as they are getting cabin fever!

So, today's card seems totally appropriate under the circumstances!  This week's challenge at The Color Dare is to use Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, and Basic Black.  I decided to create my own sunshine with a fun button from my stash, punched circles, and a homemade stamp.  Yep, I said homemade stamp!  It's nothing fancy, but I needed a way to stamp the sun's rays, so I cut a triangle out of craft foam and attached it to an acrylic block with double-stick tape.  Worked like a charm!

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight), Papertrey Ink (True Black, white)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Signature Series:  Flower)
Ink:  Clearsnap (Canary), Inkadinkadoo (Black)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (cloud dies), EK Success (1.25" circle punch), Martha Stewart (1" circle punch)
Accessories:  The Twinery (Lemondrop baker's twine), button

Aren't those clouds super cute?  My buddy Andrea at Work in Progress used a faux embossing technique recently that I just had to try.  I die cut the clouds from Marina Mist cardstock and adhered them to a Marina Mist panel.  Love the way that turned out!  The perfect finishing touch was a sentiment from PTI's Signature Series:  Flower.

Thanks so much for stopping by tonight, and for all of your encouragement.  The last couple of weeks have been a little rough, and most days it's been nearly impossible to come up with a decent idea for a card.  But your wonderful comments and emails never fail to pick me up, and your blogs are a constant source of inspiration.  Thank you for that.  You are all appreciated more than you know!

Have a wonderful weekend, friends!

9 comments:

Karen B. said...

This is just one awesome card. So bright and cheery.

Diane Jaquay said...

You got me Christina, I was looking at this card thinking, how in the world did she emboss those clouds lol! I really LOVE everything about this card, from the colors to the design, really fabulous!

Karen said...

Hellooooooooo Christina! This card is nothing short of awesome! It's so bright and happy and that sentiment is perfect! Great job!!

Karen
x

Kim S said...

I wouldn't worry at all about your ability to come up with card ideas! You are in the midst of snow, cold, gloom and potentially collapsing roofs and you still came up with this very cheerful and very creative card!

Lindsay said...

Seriously Awesome Christina! I LOVE the tone on tone clouds! The bright sun panel is perfect against the blue! Just amazing girl!

Nance Leedy said...

Now if that doesn't brighten your day, nothing will! This is one cheery and wonderful card! Love your "embossed" clouds and the foam stamped sun rays are GENIUS. You even managed to find a sun ray button! Nothing wrong with your mojo Christina! Thanks so much for joining us at The Color Dare! {{hugs}}

Marisa said...

This is great! Love the embossed clouds and what a great combination with the sun. LOVE the fact that you made you own sun rays too - brilliant! Going to have to dig out the foam sheets we have and keep one to myself in case I need an image some time :) Thanks for joining us at the Color Dare this week, Christina :)

Andrea M said...

AAAHHHH!!!! LOVE THIS GIRLIE!!!! Yes, I am shouting 'cause this is FANTASTIC!!!! You have created a lot of fabulous cards, but this is one of my favs!!! I LOVE how you made the sun!!! So brilliant and it looks A-MAZING! I will have to CASE this beauty for sure :) It's just so darn cheery!!!
By the way, thanks so much for the shout out! That's so nice of you!!! And the clouds look so completely fantastic!!!
Hope the weather starts to take a turn for the better soon :(

Glenda J said...

This is absolutely fantastic! I love everything about it! So creative. Thank for playing along with the Color Dare!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...