Hey there, friends! It's time to share another round of color inspiration over at the ColourQ! We've started to have some frosty nights around here, so I'm in love with these adorable and toasty-looking mittens that Arielle has chosen this week. I paired up these colors with Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch.
This beautiful lighthouse image is from WPlus9's Guiding Light stamp set. I stamped it in brown, then on scrap piece of cardstock in red. I cut out the red stripes to add to the main image. (Guiding Light has a second, larger lighthouse with a separate stamp for stripes, too.) I added shading with my Prismacolor pencils, as well as a beam of light.
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! (Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, More Mustard), Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream)
Stamps: WPlus9 (Guiding Light), Fiskars (All Year Greetings), Papertrey Ink (Background Basics: Retro)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate), Versamark
Tools: Spellbinders (circle, scallop circle dies), Papertrey Ink (Woodgrain impression plate)
Accessories: buttons, Papertrey Ink (jute twine)
Coloring medium: Prismacolor Premier pencils, odorless mineral spirits
To make this card:
1. Make card base from red cardstock. Cut a strip of suede cardstock, impress with woodgrain plate, distress edges, and adhere to card base.
2. Cut a strip of espresso cardstock, stamp stripes with Versamark, distress edges, and adhere to card.
3. Die cut scalloped circle from mustard cardstock. Trim and adhere to card.
4. Die cut circle from cream cardstock; stamp lighthouse and sentiment. Add shading and light beam with colored pencils. Stamp lighthouse in red on a scrap piece of cream cardstock. Trim stripes and adhere to main image. Add shading to stripes. Attach with foam adhesive.
5. Adhere twine-tied buttons.
Thanks for stopping by, friends! Don't forget to hop over to ColourQ to see what the rest of the Royal Court DT has whipped up! Have a great Tuesday!