January 31, 2014

The 12 Kits of Occasions--January 2014


Well, hello strangers!  Did you think I was never coming back?  The last several months have been absolutely crazy around here, and crafting has definitely not been at the top of my priority list.  But I have tried to escape from my responsibilities for a few minutes here and there this month, and so I have 5 cards to share with you for this month's edition of The 12 Kits of Occasions.

Our hostess this month is Sharron, and the theme is love and Valentine's Day.  Sharron sent such a fantastic kit with a color combo that I absolutely adore as an alternative to the usual red, pink, and white.  And many thanks to Kara for creating our beautiful graphic once again this month, giving you a peek at all of the goodies packed into our kits.

My favorite card was the first one I made, shortly after my kit arrived.  I love the striped paper and the pretty script in the sentiment.  It's hard to see in the photo, but the Sahara Sand cardstock was debossed with a music score impression plate.


Sorry for the shadows on the next card, but I popped up the die cut "happy" with teensy pieces of foam tape in a few spots.  I used another of my favorite papers and some of the cute die cut accents from the kit.


How do you like these cute elephants?  I think they're adorable, especially paired with the matching paper.  Such a cute sentiment from Mama Elephant, too (of course!).


For my next card, I layered the pretty heart doily with the word "love", along with a couple of stitched die cut hearts and gold sequins.


My last card is sort of a work in progress, and maybe you can help me finish it.  I've had it sitting on my desk for at least a couple of weeks just like this, and I feel like it needs something else.  I've tried buttons, twine, sequins--nothing quite works.  I think it's ok the way it is, but it's just a little blah.  Any suggestions?



That's all from me, but I have so many cute supplies left to use.  I can't wait to see what the rest of the 12 Kit Designers created with them:



Jeanne Jachna

Jessica Davis

Joyce Mehrberg

Kara {kandrdesigns}

Kelly Schirmer

Kim Heggins

Marybeth Lopez

Renee Lynch

Sharron Gregory

Tracey McNeely


And our Guest Designer for this month, Michelle from Pretty Periwinkles.

For supply information, be sure to visit The 12 Kits of Occasions blog, where you can also access information about our group and links to all of the designers.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a great day!

21 comments:

Lynn said...

Hey Christina, I hope that your hubby is doing well...you've been in my thoughts. Love all your gorgeous cards...you never cease to awe me with how perfectly you place your elements!

The Paper Parade said...

Actually Christina, my favorite is the elephant card! It is too cute :) Your favorite is my second favorite, though :) I love the layering of the hearts. The heart and sequin card is great, too! You made so many cards even though you have had so much on your plate!

Marisa said...

Great mix of cards. Love the colour combo and that elephant card is beyond adorable!! Hugs to you :)

Alanna said...

Fabulous cards Christina. They are all so wonderful.

I'm glad you had a few moments to craft. Blessings to you and your family.

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Christina! Wonderful post today with lots of fun projects. I love he clever way you incorporated the sentiments into all the designs - I think my fave is the one with the elephants - I'm going to have to case that with my leftovers!

Darnell said...

As I'm saying to all of you this month, I've been waiting to see the February kit coz I knew you girls would just fill Blogland with lots of hearts and love and you didn't disappoint me! It really is hard to pick a favorite, Christina, but I think I have to agree with you that the first one edges out the others by just a skoash! Hugs, Darnell

Chunyuan said...

Fabulous cards, Christina. Glad to see you back. Take care,

Anonymous said...

fabulous cards Christina! On your last one… I think if you added a sentiment stamped in black or dark brown ink on the tag that would finish it off! Something short or even something on the heart. Good luck… I know how it is when a card just won't let you leave it alone! lol

Lindsey said...

Yay! So glad to see a post from you. I just love all the cards you make! The colors in this kit are wonderful. I love them all, but your first card and the adorable elephant card are my faves.

Trish said...

What a cool kit, so much to work with! Your cards are exceptional! i love the heart and sequin one the very best! And your last card is great as is, but could you stamp a little sentiment on the tag? Hope your real life gets easier...

Marybeth said...

Hi Christina! I love the striped paper on the first card that was my favorite paper. The card is beautiful and I like the way you did the hearts. Wonderful group of cards and like Jeanne said neat way to add the sentiments) I have a hard time with getting them just right)
Hope things calm down for you soon . Sending big hugs.

Renee said...

As always...
gorgeously perfect!!
Each and every one...
I love them all!
And I REALLY have to find my little ellie's that have went MIA somewhere on my table because I'm absolutely in love with them and all the ways everyone has used them! :)
Hope all is well, Sweet Friend!

Joyce said...

So nice to see you posting today. I've missed seeing all your beautiful creations. I love everything you showed today, including the last card, which I think is absolutely perfect as-is. I'm glad I have so many leftovers, so I can case a couple of your cards.

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina what a beautiful collection of cards. I am so happy that you were able to find an escape for a while to create these. Love your elephant card, isn't that the cutest punch?

Sharron said...

Gosh, I'm so happy to see having a little crafty time. I've been thinking of you and hope things are going a bit smoother. Your cards are all fabulous, as always. You need to give a class on placement of elements. Yours are always just perfect! LOVE your elephant card--so adorable. I'll be CASEing that one! Take care--hugs!

Kara said...

love the beautiful...floating feeling of your designs!! so beautiful!!

Cathy Weber said...

5 totally unique cards Christina...not sure how to choose a favorite, but if I HAD to choose one, it would be the elephant card. I love how you perched those elephants on the sentiment strip. Looks like they are standing on a ledge. Cute idea...one I want to use...CASE! I always love how you sew on some of your cards too...the first one is really cute, especially with the sequins scattered over it.

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous collection Christina! I love them all. Your sweet pair of elephants is just too cute and I am so happy that I have all my little critters left over to play with. Your last card is my favorite, I love all the patterned paper and that sweet little bow!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Christina these are just adorable. Love the little elephants too. I also love the non-traditional colors... so pretty/cute. hugs

Monika/Buzsy said...

Wonderful cards Christina. Love the pink hues and all the sweet images. Glad you got to craft a little... hope life gets back to normal soon and you will have more time to create.

Kelly S. said...

ACK! Those elephants get me every time, love how you used them here. The layout is FAB! Speaking of layouts, the first card with the hearts is so lovely. I am taking notes on your sequin placement because that is one thing I need a class on...sequins/acrylic dot placement...giggle! So sorry I'm late, but I it's fun to revisit Sharron's kit today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...