February 9, 2013

Cloud9 February Blog Hop


It's time for another Cloud9 Blog Hop!


This month's inspiration photo comes from the Black Eiffel blog, featuring an assortment of kids' Valentine treat bags:

via Black Eiffel
I took the inspiration pretty literally and whipped up some little envelopes to put in my kids' lunch boxes on Valentine's Day.

Using WPlus9's seed packet die, I cut the envelopes from this kraft, polka-dotted paper from a collection that I must have bought three or four years ago.  I just keep whittling away at it year by year.  :)

For my daughter's envelope, I used the just-released sets Chantilly Trim (for the floral image) and Written on Ribbon (for the banner), as well as the companion die.  The sentiments are from Love You More.

My son's envelope is decorated using images from Love Birds, along with the coordinating dies.  Since my little guy doesn't do much reading yet, I opted for the heart speech bubble from Love You More in lieu of a sentiment.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Patterned paper:  (K & Company)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Chantilly Trim, Written on Ribbon, Love Birds, Love You More)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Lucky Limeade, Real Red, Chocolate Chip)
Tools:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Written on Ribbon die, Love Birds dies)

I'll probably fill these with stickers and a love note, which should put a smile on their faces, especially since this mom is rarely organized enough ahead of time to put notes in lunch boxes.  :)

Please join us for this month's hop!  We'd love to see what you come up with using your WPlus9 goodies.

I'm off to tackle the shoveling!  Thanks for spending a bit of your day with me.

13 comments:

Joyce said...

Both of your treat bags are really so cute. I especially like the one for your son. This image and statement are very heartwarming.

Kara said...

These are great! Perfect little lunch box notes! I'm sure they'll love 'em!

Alanna said...

So pretty.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh these are fun... and man can I come over and play with all the goodies in your craft room?

Unknown said...

Great projects. I love them...so inspiring! Thanks for sharing

Lea L. said...

These are SO cute, Christina! Love the mix of stamps & dies you used!!

Laurie said...

These are so cute! I love how you used the new stamps!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are WONDERFUL, Christina!! You're tempting me to buy that gorgeous banner die ;)

Kim Heggins said...

Your envelopes are so beautiful. So much amazing details, with those fabulous new stamps.

Jeanne J. said...

OMG Christina - I love these. My jaw hit the table when I saw them. I love them both - the scrolly one is so cool - my teenagers would flip over that and the birds are adorable. Loved reading how you made it for your son! The color is jumping off the page - the photos are perfect! Thank you for that close up too - I had to investigate how you got that red inked upon the kraft so bright - but I see you did lots and lots of fussy cutting - lots of love there mom! It's showing!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute envelopes Christina. Love the kraft with white and red colors. The images are so pretty.

anya said...

These are so adorable for your little ones, Christina! The kraft envelopes are darling cut using the seed packet die, and they make the red and white just pop! Perfect!

Suzanne said...

Christina, these are so awesome. I am so sorry for getting so behind in my reader, but I want you to know how THRILLED I was to see you as Guest Designer for the WP9 release! You did such an awesome awesome job. Seriously. You wowed me each and every day, especially with the purple card with all the sentiments stamped on the left side as a border. Genius!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...