November 2, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays #77--Snips, Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails

Please scroll down to see my 12 Kits of Christmas post!


Hello again!  Are you ready for a new CAS-ual Fridays challenge?  This week it's all about the guys in our lives:


All you have to do is create a clean and simple masculine project.  You could be our next Guest Designer!

As soon as I laid my eyes on the new CAS-ual Fridays Stamps set WTF, I knew I'd be making a card for my brother with it.  When he announced that he'd gotten a new job, it was the perfect opportunity to ink up this clever sentiment.

The stripes were heat embossed in white to match the crisp pinked border.  A simple design that packs a punch!

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Orange Zest, White)
Stamps:  CAS-ual Fridays Stamps (WTF)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black), Versamark
Tools:  Fiskars (pinking shears)

I'm always looking for inspiration for masculine designs, so this week's challenge gallery will be a great resource.  I hope you'll play along with us!

Have a great start to your weekend!

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Big congrats to your brother! An absolutely gorgeous card!

Karen B. said...

The orange is amazing in this card!

Amy Kolling said...

LOVE THIS! I think I **need** this set!

Pamela Haskin said...

Love this card! I'm always on the lookout for good 'man' cards too!

Lea L. said...

This is so bright & bold & fun! Awesome job!

Marybeth said...

Perfect guy card and yet nice and bright!

Tiffany said...

I love the white embossing. It really is so crisp and clean. The panel with the stamped border peeking out from beneath is a great element too!

Suzanne said...

Christina, I love the layout of this card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina i seriously laugh my head off every time I see a stamp from that set. Catches me off guard every time. Love your bright vibrant card, so fun.

Jeanne J. said...

OK you got me with that WTF Christina - this version is much better! Love the bold orange and he zig zag border!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...