September 7, 2010

Waltzingmouse sketch #13


Hello, friends! Tonight I have a card for the latest Waltzingmouse sketch challenge. Isn't this a fun sketch?
I desperately need to use up some of my scraps, so I pulled out a few patterned papers and made some rolled flowers and leaves. I layered them on a piece of Dark Chocolate felt cut with a blossom Nestie and a lace tag. The Vintage Cream square was impressed with polka dots and stitched in place.

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate)
Patterned paper: Basic Grey (Wisteria), unknown scraps
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Chai tea dye)
Tools: Spellbinders (blossom, scallop circle dies), Papertrey Ink (Polka Dot impression plate)
Accessories: Martha Stewart Crafts (lace tag), Papertrey Ink (felt), Michaels (pearls), thread

I love this polka dot impression plate, so I added a strip of dots on the inside of the card too.


Hopefully I'll be able to clear out some more scraps this week before my scrap drawer gets too full to close! Thanks for stopping by today!

9 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful and elegant, love those flowers!

Jean Martin said...

Awww I love this!!! It's so soft and feminine! Stunning card Christina!

Laurie said...

Gorgeous!! I love your take on this sketch! Those little blooms are so pretty!

A Consuming Passion said...

What a beautiful card - love your spiral roses too!

Ruth M said...

So lovely, very soft and pretty and the pearls add a sophisticated touch!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I just adore this card! I love the colors you chose, love the papers you used, and love, love, love the flowers!! Oh, and I totally hear you - my scrap drawer is too full to close right now so I'm challenging myself to using some up this weekend!!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOWZERS Christina! What a gorgeous card! Those flowers are stunning! Love all the detail! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Niki Estes said...

This is so pretty, Christina! I absolutely love the colors and rolled flowers!

Unknown said...

Oh I love this twist on the sketch Christina, such pretty flowers!!! Thanks for taking the time to play along with us at Waltzingmouse Stamps!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...